Rant - I feel like I'm a house!! :)

Options
igottaworkout
igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
Just wanted to complain to you guys because you're all going through the same thing!

Here are some complaints I have and don't really want to bore my non-pregnant friends with: :)
- I can't run at all!
- My legs feel weird, I can't lift my knees up past my hips without pain
- My balance is way off.. a week ago I started slowly tipping when I came out of a Subway's (down one step lol!!) and no matter what I did I could not catch myself and ended up falling onto my poor 6-year old son. He got a scrape on his elbow poor guy.. I have huge bruises on one elbow and one knee and scrapes everywhere else. Lol.. I am SUCH A KLUTZ!!!
- It is starting to be hard to turn over at night
- heartburn is constantly here.. sometimes I get acid in my mouth and it's horrible eww..
- I don't feel sexy at all, just huge!!
- I hate driving to the midwife all the time (it's an hour away)
- my bathing suit doesn't fit anymore
- the baby loves to kick me in a way that feels like I have a knife in there carving away at my sides
- heart palpitations when the baby does some strange stretch that feels like I'm about to explode
- sudden cold-sweats that hit me randomly
- positively can't sleep on my stomach
- can't breathe except when lying down on my left side, rarely the right side (only when I am lying down)

Anyone want to add to the list of complaints? I know there's awesome stuff about being pregnant (just can't think of any, lol!) so you can put some of those too if you like :)

Replies

• awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I love it when the baby shoves its hand or leg up into your rib cage and you can't bend over or breathe...that's my fav!!

I find myself only walking right now even though I'm only 13 weeks 5 days. It's pretty sad really, but it is hard for me to breathe ok when i do any workout that is strenuous and I know that getting out of breathe is not good for me or the baby. Ah, the things we go through to have children!!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I can relate to almost all of these! I get hot flashes too...it's annoying!
  • Stephaniengarner
    Options
    I just put a post up of how I feel huge even with working out lol
  • sarah2002
    sarah2002 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm only 14 weeks, but I have a few to add to your list. :)
    -horrible skin! What's up with this? I thought pregnant ladies were supposed to glow...I'm mostly glowing red from all the zits that have shown up everywhere. Yuck!
    -feeling like I'm starving all the time and if I don't eat RIGHT NOW, feeling nauseous.
    -can't find maternity pants anywhere...apparently they only sell shorts this time of year?
    -trying to hid my belly from people at work (I officially popped this week!)
    -pregnancy brain! seriously...don't know what I would do without my husband to clean up after me. Nearly put the milk in the cereal cabinet yesterday, and am finding that I put my clean clothes away in really weird places.
  • Jem411
    Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha, Sarah2002, I can totally relate! I grabbed my razor this morning, instead of my watch (while running out the door for work). Not sure what that was about. And If it wasn't for my husband, my poor 3 year old would only have a bath once a week (as I keep forgetting)!

Mine:

Always short of breath, my thighs are starting to become joined, PIMPLES! EVEN ON MY CHEST...GRR, all I want is a bottle (yes bottle) of red wine...counting the days (and I have a long way to go)!, I get a really strange overly full feeling at night, I don't even want to talk about my butt right now and last but not least, I AM A PIECE OF FURNITURE.

*oh and could really hurt my assistant when she tells me she can, "really see the weight gain in my face". Thanks jerk!
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes to all of the above!! Also, at 25 weeks...my boobs feel like they are both pregnant too, I swear they weigh more than my entire belly! My hips hurt so much if I walk farther than the mailbox. My nails need to be cut every other day because they grow so fast...this includes my toe nails, which I can't reach without being a contortionist (and then we have the hips pain again). And of course, this beautiful umbilical hernia I am now sporting! I know I shouldn't complain, there are so many people who can't have babies, and I am grateful that I can...but there is alot of unpleasant stuff that happens to our bodies in the process of manufacturing humans! It's a good thing we get such an awesome prize at the end :drinker:
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    Hahahaha, Sarah2002, I can totally relate! I grabbed my razor this morning, instead of my watch (while running out the door for work). Not sure what that was about. And If it wasn't for my husband, my poor 3 year old would only have a bath once a week (as I keep forgetting)!

Mine:

Always short of breath, my thighs are starting to become joined, PIMPLES! EVEN ON MY CHEST...GRR, all I want is a bottle (yes bottle) of red wine...counting the days (and I have a long way to go)!, I get a really strange overly full feeling at night, I don't even want to talk about my butt right now and last but not least, I AM A PIECE OF FURNITURE.

*oh and could really hurt my assistant when she tells me she can, "really see the weight gain in my face". Thanks jerk!

Wow, what a jerk assistant you have!
  • amykff
    amykff Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ooh i love this thread, sooo nice to hear im not the only one :) im 18weeks and feel like ive lost my mind completely!! Twice this week i've left the cooker on after me to name but one of my many woopsies!!

Anyone having bother with their back at this early stage?? If i sit for more than a few mins my lower back seems to seize up....its really painful in the morning!!
  • igottaworkout
    Options
    ooh i love this thread, sooo nice to hear im not the only one :) im 18weeks and feel like ive lost my mind completely!! Twice this week i've left the cooker on after me to name but one of my many woopsies!!

Anyone having bother with their back at this early stage?? If i sit for more than a few mins my lower back seems to seize up....its really painful in the morning!!

Yes Amy, I've had back pain too at the start of the pregnancy. Since then I've been wearing either the prenatal cradle or another pregnancy support belt and it relieved my back pain after two days. It really helps support your baby bump and for me it helped keep my hips more stable which both helps a lot. I always have kind of a bad back and my keep wearing a lower back support band after I have the baby because it really works.
  • Jem411
    Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Mine:

Wow, what a jerk assistant you have!

She is somethin, I tell you what! She prides herself on being "straight forward". I think the word for it is "RUDE" and "SAD!" lol. Okay, I am having another one of those mornings. As of right now, I can't even stand my husband....lol