Thinking of switching cruises

Options
trishtrish84
trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
As the days go on, I find myself reading more and more reviews on CC and looking at the different cruise company websites. The more that I read and review, the more I think I would like to cancel my trip with Carnival and go with Royal Caribbean or Norwegian. They are a slightly bit more expensive but all of the amenities that come with the ships seem worth it. I was also watching the Norwegian Breakaway ship as it was ported in Bermuda via the port cam, that thing is HUGE! I did a little research on it. Its 18 stories high! It was docked next to the Celebrity Summit and the Summit seemed very small next to it.
Does anyone have any opinions on Royal Caribbean or Norwegian?
If so, I would love to hear them.

Happy Sailing
Trish

Replies

• GemmavGray
    GemmavGray Posts: 17
    Options
    Sorry. I've never been with either, but just want to say that the summit IS pretty tiny. So might not be best thing to go off.
    All I can suggest is hit you tube and look at as many videos as you can and maybe listen to a few cruise podcasts as they often have reviews and cover lots of details of the ships. Might give you some ideas to base decisions on.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    We are going on our third planned trip with Carnival, with one on RC.

My kids really prefer Carnival. A lot more kids and more engaged staff. (On the RC ship, the teen club staff seemed to have the attitude of -- we'll just wait around until more kids show up. So what happened, teens look in, see nothing going on, so they leave....)

I preferred the buffet food on RC, but thought the MDR food of similar quality.

Carnival has more "partiers" A lot more drinking at the pool on Carnival, more vibrant nightlife. On RC, I found myself wandering around thinking "where is everyone?" (Not a big drinker, personally, but I am a big people watcher)
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Well I do not have children or teenagers so the kids club/teenager club is not an issue.
    I do however like to drink and engage in the nightlife, so Carnival might be the way to go.
    The person that is going on the trip with me is rather young and is just excited to be going.
    I don't think they care one way or another, to be honest.
    This will also be my cruise partners first cruise.
    Maybe I will save RCCL or NCL for when they are over the shock and excitement of their first cruise.
  • TiaraSeamonkey
    TiaraSeamonkey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have cruised all three out of NOLA and I loved the:
    room in order from best to worse: RCI, Carnival, NCL
    food in order from best to worse: NCL, RCI, Carnival
    entertaintment in order from best to worst: NCL, RCI, Carnival
    service in order from best to worst: RCI, NCL, Carnival
    If you are a young college age (or older) wanna be frat party person: Carnival, NCL, RCI

Hope that helps.