Welcome!

Options
trishtrish84
trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
Hello Everyone!
I just wanted to say thank you for joining this group. If you are here, then most likely you have an upcoming cruise and you would like to shed some pounds. I find that its much easier to stay accountable for my weight loss and the things I eat if I have a group of friends that have the same similar interests as I do keeping me motivated. With that being said, please feel free to post as often as you would like and make this group your home.
Happy Sailing
Trish

Replies

• GemmavGray
    GemmavGray Posts: 17
    Options
    Aha. I was just coming to check of there was a group when I saw you'd started one. Brilliant. Now I can chat about cruises in two places. Something I never get bored of.
    Roughly 170 days until we fly out, and I am determined to be thin by the time I get on that ship. And not to let the buffet, sushi and gorgeous celebrity menus undo my good work :) though I can't say that I will be skipping the captain's club cocktails. You have to have a few treats!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone. I'm Karen and I live in Vermont. I just love everything there is to cruising. Sad to say, though, my hubby does not. So my last cruise and my up-coming one in November are with him left at home. He and I are planning a land based vacation for our 25th anniversary in a couple years. So, after this next cruise, I will be land bound for a little while. Oh, well. Anyway, I am super excited about my cruise next November on the beautiful Norwegian Dawn. Two weeks in the Caribbean instead of in cold New England sounds just about perfect for me.
  • worldtrekker1
    Options
    Hi all! I am not an experienced cruiser, but love all things travel. We are ex-pats from the US living in New Zealand and loving it - no plans to return to the US except for visits to friends and family.

MFP has been great for getting to my goal weight - but more,I have noticed that by tracking my food, I have actually improved the quality of what I eat. I still have a near daily piece of chocolate, but I also have increased my veggie intake. It has changed my palate.

Today, for the first time I can remember, I ate a brownie, and it tasted too sweet! what?! Anyway, I think it is my new breakfast and overall veggie intake as well as cutting out diet fizzy drinks/artificial sweeteners.

Good luck to you all!
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    HI! I just saw the post on Cruise Critic and thought I would join in...

We just booked a cruise for July. I am so worried that it will completely blow my diet or that I will lose the momentum and not get back on the diet when I return......
  • GemmavGray
    GemmavGray Posts: 17
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm both dreading and looking forward to the buffets and the old joke of wear your tightest things first because they won't fit by the end ;)
    I'm sure you'll get back into it easy enough when you get home again. Just think of it as a head start for your NEXT cruise.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I just saw the post about this group on cruise critic and thought I would join. I will be cruising in a week. We just sailed over spring break and I only gained a lb or so and am hoping to do as well this time. We shall see! Thanks for starting this group!
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I just saw the post about this group on cruise critic and thought I would join. I will be cruising in a week. We just sailed over spring break and I only gained a lb or so and am hoping to do as well this time. We shall see! Thanks for starting this group!

Who are your cruising with? I leave July 6 on Carnival Dream and cannot wait.
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options

Who are your cruising with? I leave July 6 on Carnival Dream and cannot wait.

Carnival Paradise