Can 4 day gluten-free make this much difference?

Options
mclgo
mclgo Posts: 147 Member
Hello all,
I've been gluten-free for 4 full days now, and already I'm seeing changes. I have arthritis and other issues in my legs, and my walking routine can be very painful. But today I walked 3 miles and could have kept going! The pain in my legs was dramatically reduced. I haven't felt like this in 1-2 years.

How soon did any of you start seeing changes? Am I imagining mine?

Thanks
Margaret

Replies

• wigglesmom
    wigglesmom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been gluten free for only six days and have noticed reduced joint pain and have an overall healthier feeling. I have also stopped having horrible carb cravings. It's hard but I have to remember how bad I feel when eating gluten.

Keep up the good work!
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    5 years gluten free, but I do remember those first 2 weeks feeling an amazing difference. I slept better and had energy for the first time in a long time. Long term, I've not had a migraine in 3 years, my eyelashes and fingernails actually grow, and I no longer suffer from the symptoms of carpal tunnel. Congrats on your first 4 days and I hope you feel better and better.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Within the first couple of days I noticed immediate changes, mainly with joint pain and a huge reduction in migraines and such. I was able to lose 30 lbs within two months as well..sadly being on Guam, I have had a VERY difficult time maintaining and losing, but a call to my doctors and the recent medical issues from ingesting wheat and gluten have made me realize I HAVE to follow my diet and be vigilant about what I put into my body. Good luck to you and hope you continue to feel healthier every day!
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I felt a huge difference within the first week of going gluten free.. I felt better than I had in years!
  • paintgirl21
    paintgirl21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am lucky enough to only be gluten sensitive not full blown Celiac. This gives me some wiggle room but also makes it easy to back slide at times. I notice that when I do slip I lose some energy and my torso starts to feel thick like a tree trunk. A big from the inside out type of feeling. I originally began going gluten free because of a problem with iron anemia. It has helped but not alleviated it entirely. I still take supplements.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    You're not imagine it.
    I'm allergic to gluten so have to try my hardest to stay well away. I have symptoms for years thinking it was something else to find it was things like modified starches,spirit vinegar and syrups (and loads more) that was causing things like itching mainly on my scalp to to point of scratching till it bled. when i cut out the tomato sauce and mayo etc and with in a few days for the first time in 25 years i was itch free.
    Once you stop eating the poison you stop getting ill. some ppl aren't so lucky to feel well after stopping but most seem to feel great after a week or two of cutting it out.
    Of cause bread is terrifying for me and flour,they cause much nastier things to happen.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how quickly changes are seen.