Bag Check

Options
dougstevens
dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
What's in your bag for this summer?

In additional the obvious (e.g. Racquets, Cans of balls (opened and unopened), and sports towel), here's what I've got:
Extra t-shirt and socks (for third set if necessary)
3-4 hats (one per set; b/c of the sweat)
3-4 wrist bands (same reason as above)
3 32oz bottles of water (usually one per set)
Frog Tog (chilled)
Epi-Injectors (bee allergy)
Granola bars
Sports Drink
Bottle opener (drink a cold beer after the match)
Sunglasses
Sports Sunblock SPF 100

My men's doubles partner thinks I have too much. My mixed doubles partners think I don't have enough.

Replies

• Common89
    Common89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like this! I carry:

- 2 Headbands
    - Hat (sometimes)
    -Gatorade Prime Chews
    -2 Cliff Energy Bars (White Chocolate Macadamia Nut...YUM!)
    -Heart monitor watch and chest strap
    -32 oz. of Gatorade
    -50 oz. of water plus Mio Fit
    -Flip flops for my poor feet once the match is over!

That's about it!
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options

1. Have you compared the calories burned between the heart rate monitor and those from MFP? Are they close or way off?

2. Flip Flops sounds great idea! Whenever I drive a long distance, I'll put on a pair of sandals for the long drive back home; or to watch the rest of the team play their matches.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Balls, a towel, and my phone and wallet. Sometimes another shirt, but not usually.
    My bag is the book backpack I had in college. It is incredibly tattered and worn. My friends, all of whom have fancy bags, filled with bananas, first aid kits, tennis elbow braces, spare nets, and god-knows-what-else, tease me about it endlessly. Seems unfair. I get attached to things.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Balls, a towel, and my phone and wallet. Sometimes another shirt, but not usually.
    My bag is the book backpack I had in college. It is incredibly tattered and worn. My friends, all of whom have fancy bags, filled with bananas, first aid kits, tennis elbow braces, spare nets, and god-knows-what-else, tease me about it endlessly. Seems unfair. I get attached to things.

lol @ spare nets!

I have a huge bag!
    I have in mine:

3 racquets
    tennis shoes
    balls
    grips
    dampeners
    strings
    a few visors and hats
    a bunch of wristbands
    sunblock
    water/Gatorade
    energy gels/chews
    Advil
    hand cream
    deodorant

and god knows what else..im too lazy to go look!!
  • Common89
    Common89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options

1. Have you compared the calories burned between the heart rate monitor and those from MFP? Are they close or way off?

2. Flip Flops sounds great idea! Whenever I drive a long distance, I'll put on a pair of sandals for the long drive back home; or to watch the rest of the team play their matches.

My HRM always says I burn more calories than MFP, but I generally stick with the MFP count because I'd rather underestimate the calories I burn that overestimate them.
  • MarkC1963
    MarkC1963 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    3 Babolat AeroPro Team Racquets
    Can of balls
    Babolat Wrist Band
    Clif Energy bar - crunchy peanut butter
    Several packets of water flavor powders for my thermos
    two 18 oz steel thermos, I drink one per set and having only two motivates me not to go to a third, lol
    Nike towel
    Bolle Competivision Sunglass case with sunglasses
    wallet
    cell phone
    keys
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options

My HRM always says I burn more calories than MFP, but I generally stick with the MFP count because I'd rather underestimate the calories I burn that overestimate them.

My HRM says I burn less then MFP. On more intense sessions, it can be close, but if im wearing my HRM, I deduct 10% from the total burned. If I don't wear my HRM, I deduct 30% from MFP's numbers.