Pedal Harder YOU! -- Your Biggest Motivation

Options
So I was riding home from work one night. I was about a good 15 miles into my trip, the music just wasn't hitting hard enough, and I was starting to slow down. :noway: Just then I thought... "Would Lance Armstrong slow down on this hill?" And I began to imagine him riding behind me urging me to keep pushing forward. :wink: So what's your motivation? What are you thinking about at the moment you decide to push harder?

Replies

• beatpig
    beatpig Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Lance Armstrong used drugs. *That's* what he'd do.

:laugh:
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to be a little bit faster than the guys that I usually ride with. That pushes me to ride harder.
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    my motivation is the face on the skinny toned person my fat *kitten* flys past.....
    I always try to ride as if someone is right behind me so I dont slack off
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    "shut up legs"

That and the vision of a frosty adult beverage of my choice at the end (doesn't work that well when commuting to work...).
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,685 Member
    Options
    9699395_3913.jpg
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Train like your stronger, fitter, evil-twin is plotting to kill you.
    or in this case...
    Ride like your stronger, fitter evil-twin is plotting to kill you and is riding right behind you.
  • lpherman01
    lpherman01 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    9699395_3913.jpg
    CUTE!
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    9699395_3913.jpg
    Wise this one is...
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My motivation right now is the person that thinks I'm slow because I'm overweight. This person in particular is doing also doing a tour that I've signed up for in July. My goal is to leave them in the dust, I even have a T-shirt I plan to wear that says "keep running your mouth" on the back lol :laugh: I just want to be the best I possibly can so I can be proud of myself!
  • OLeoLionessO
    OLeoLionessO Posts: 152
    Options
    I think about running from something, like a murderer behind me or some type of monster that will kill me. Works really well when I'm riding at night.
  • composite
    composite Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    just wanted to to be quick, but then got to be essentially quickest my group of riders and I plateaued. Did an off road sportive type event last weekend and really pushed hard and it reminded me about how it should feel to push hard... it should hurt. I got lazy in my training but I'm back on it now. :)