Newbie! Planning on starting 6/17

Options
I'll be busy next week but it will give me a week to plan for my TurboFire challenge (and time for my Shakeology to get here). I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old so I'm a bit worried about them getting all up in my business but I'll make it work somehow!

I have a question though. It works best for my schedule to have my rest day on Sunday instead of Wednesday like the schedule. Will it be ok to just shift everything so I do Thursday's workout on Wednesday and so forth? I haven't checked it too closely yet but I remember them saying not to do HIIT workouts two days in a row so I'm not sure if they are depending on that rest day. I'm sure I'm not the only one who changed my rest day so I wondered what you did.

TIA!

Replies

• OoOJennieOoO
    OoOJennieOoO Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello!

That's exactly what I did, I moved my rest day to Sunday because I want to have all of my homework and workouts done for that day so it can be a "real" rest day, I don't think it makes a difference, a rest day is a rest day :) and about the kiddos, I use to get irritated a little bit when they would get in my way but after a little while they wouldn't be interested in what I was doing anymore and would just go and play, they might even want to workout too, which is good because they will get tired too =)
  • EmmaLA16
    EmmaLA16 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm always shifting my rest day around to suit my life (work part time and run my own business), this week I'm swapping Wednesday and Thursday, so go for it, it's whatever suits you. If you find you have two HIIT sessions in a row because of this just jiggle the schedule a little.

x
  • LaChinaDoll
    LaChinaDoll Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I made my own schedule with a printout calendar. Switched my rest day to Sunday. I did switch up the HIIT days to not do them back to back. I read its not good doing them back to back.
  • ChristinaCintron
    ChristinaCintron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi HisKathy!

I also have two little ones. This is my 3rd time re-starting Turbofire because life just got in the way the first two times. Just find your groove and a time of day that you KNOW you'll be able to do it. For me, it's in the middle of the afternoon after I pick the kiddos up from school and before dinner. My littlest one (2 yrs) LOVES doing the workouts with me (his very own version of it). He's been doing them since he has been able to walk. It's a great way to get the kids active and wear them out at the same time as you get your fitness in. He just really jumps around the entire time....the absolute cutest thing ever!

I also move around the workout schedule as needed. I get in 6 workouts per week but my rest day varies with my schedule. I just pick up right where I left off with the exception of the HIIT workouts. With those I make sure to do a regular workout in between so they're not back to back.