The age long question

Options
maegzzz
maegzzz Posts: 3 Member
DC or Marvel Comics? Which one is better? I still have no answer to this question, it is too hard to choose for me to choose. Marvel has had some of the greatest teams of superheros ever (X-Men, The Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D etc) but DC has a lot of the best superheros of all time (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman etc.)! I don't know both comic book franchises are amazing in my opinion, what do you think?

Replies

• Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm a Marvel Girl myself (ha!). I love Batman, but Marvel has such a wide variety of people- kick as women and people of color, especially in the X-Men universe, which is my favorite.
  • ltgarrow
    ltgarrow Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Marvel is more team oriented while DC has more lone warriors. I cannot chose a side in this matter.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    My sister is hardcore DC and my bestie is 100% Marvel. I say, *kitten* picking a team, they're both great and I'm gonna enjoy the best of both worlds.

(though, Obviously, my favoritest of the favorite is GL)
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Marvel
  • sedwards9999
    sedwards9999 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Marvel
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Pfft. Why choose? Why not have both?
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Marvel is leaps and bounds better than DC. Marvel gives us a lot more interesting characters. With Marvel you get darker story lines and the heroes will have actual character flaws and the villains will have actual redeeming qualities. I will say that the DC universe does give us Batman as a standout character but Marvel gives us that level of quality far more often and with greater variety.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    Marvel is leaps and bounds better than DC. Marvel gives us a lot more interesting characters. With Marvel you get darker story lines and the heroes will have actual character flaws and the villains will have actual redeeming qualities. I will say that the DC universe does give us Batman as a standout character but Marvel gives us that level of quality far more often and with greater variety.

Someone hasn't been reading much DC since the silver age :laugh: You should update your knowledge
  • soldier4242
    Options

Someone hasn't been reading much DC since the silver age :laugh: You should update your knowledge

I am actually being told that my opinion is wrong now.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but the reasons you are giving to support your opinion are out of date that's all :flowerforyou:
  • soldier4242
    Options

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but the reasons you are giving to support your opinion are out of date that's all :flowerforyou:

I guess I'll have to take your word on that. My information on both Marvel and DC are equally out of date so if things on the DC side of things got better then that's great. I know that when I was an avid comic book collector I felt DC was largely a waste of time compared to Marvel. Marvel had and distinct advantage because of the idea of mutants.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

I guess I'll have to take your word on that. My information on both Marvel and DC are equally out of date so if things on the DC side of things got better then that's great. I know that when I was an avid comic book collector I felt DC was largely a waste of time compared to Marvel. Marvel had and distinct advantage because of the idea of mutants.

17085484.jpg:laugh: :wink:
  • soldier4242
    Options
    I happen to be a huge fan of Bill Nye. I watched his show when I was a kid and really appreciate the work that he has done even in my adult life.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I happen to be a huge fan of Bill Nye. I watched his show when I was a kid and really appreciate the work that he has done even in my adult life.

I expect everyone to be a big fan of Bill Nye
  • soldier4242
    Options

Well the creationists really hate him. They posted a ton of YouTube videos smearing him.
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of both (working on tattoo sleeves of both) but if I had to choose I am a DC girl!
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Well the creationists really hate him. They posted a ton of YouTube videos smearing him.

I don't consider them real people. They don't want to believe in science? I DON'T BELIEVE IN THEM.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I haven't read comics in a looong time, but I loved Marvel as a kid. X-Men will always hold a special, campy place in my heart. But DC Vertigo hands down wins with Sandman, Preacher, Watchmen, and bringing V for Vendetta to the U.S. Throw in Frank Miller story lines like Batman: the Dark Knight Returns and I don't see how there's a contest between the universes.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Marvel. I love the Ultimate timeline, don't have to know anything about the 50+ years the characters have existed, but if you are familiar with it, some nice inside jokes. Plus, they're not afraid to do things that actually have repurcussions, like kill half the X-Men, half the Ultimates (that timeline's Avengers), Magneto, Peter Parker (!) and have them stay dead.

As for DC, I started picking up the Superman/Batman series, that was really good. I've read some of the DC event comics like Infinity Crisis, Flashpoint, Blackest Night, Brightest Day, etc, but that's about it.
  • soldier4242
    Options

I don't consider them real people. They don't want to believe in science? I DON'T BELIEVE IN THEM.

Sounds fair to me lol.