Bad Ankles

Options
I am looking for some information. I have tried Insanity the past 2 weeks and an ankle injury from the past is bothering me alot because of all the jumping.

What other Beachbody workout is good for someone in decent shape but a bad ankle. I was thinking Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam or maybe Slim in 6 or Hip Hop Abs. The workout can have jumping but not as much as Insanity.

Please help.

Replies

• falco37
    falco37 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've always had issues with my right ankle (I've sprained it at least 6 times in past 4 years :( ) and I started Insanity on Monday.

What I do to make sure further injury is wear an ankle brace on each foot and then make sure I have comfortable/cushy shoes for soft landing. It sacrifices speed but I focus a lot on landing softly when jumping... So far my ankles have been fine (rest of body is really sore obviously haha)

However, if you do stop insanity, I've done the P90x before and everything but plyometrics is pretty easy on the knees, it just requires bands/pull up bar. Also works great.

Good luck, hope your ankles get better!
  • beckyyates
    beckyyates Posts: 85
    Options
    Thanks for the info on P90X.

Does anyone know if TurboFire, Turbo Jam, or ChaLEAN Extrem has a lot of jumping?

I have comforatable shoes and I can do Insanity but when I give 100% its aggrivates my injury. I also wear my ankle brace.

My ankle will be a pain the rest of my life. I broke and crushed both ankles in high school and to this day I still have problems with them but my left one is always a problem.
  • diva099
    diva099 Posts: 42
    Options
    TurboFire has jump but only if you do the advanced moves the modified moves have no jumping at all and you still get the same intense workout. I can't do the jumps because of my knees but I am still getting a very intense calorie burn and not jumping. I love it the workouts are really fun.
  • jenjar44
    jenjar44 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My ankles are done for too because of playing basketball for so long. Insanity month 1 really hurt my inner ankle enough to make me limp when I walked so I went to the orthopedic doctor and he said it was tendonitis but that I Just needed to get an ankle brace as well as a shoe insert for more arch so my ankle wouldn't roll inward but he said after a week of rest I would be ok. And I actually did rest and can't wait to start it back up tomorrow. Maybe you should go get it checked from the doctor to see what they will say because I of course expected the worst but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Good Luck!!!!
  • sheilastyle526
    Options
    Shaun T's new program Focus T25 has a modifier showing low impact moves throughout all of the workouts. Each workout is only 25 minutes and the modified moves are sure to give you a good workout.

I will be starting a challenge group sometime in the near future. If anyone is interested in purchasing Focus T25, joining a challenge group, or learning about any Beachbody workouts or Shakeology, please do not hesitate to email me at sheilasantiago01@yahoo.com