PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! NEED ADVICE

Options
Im currently doing insanity (DAY 4)and looking to lose weight along with toning so my question is whats better..... Shakeology or meal replacement shakes along with Results and Recovery Formula. I ask because I been replacing a meal a day with shakeology but cant afford that and results and recovery every month so Id like your input and Please explain why.

Replies

• micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I've completed Insanity twice. I never used their products (except for the dvd's of course). You can purchase meal replacement and post workout protein powders at proteinfactory.com at a really affordable price. I ate and still eat regular meals and usually a protein shake once a day. The type of shake is determined by 2 things; 1.) how intense of a workout I did that day and 2.) how hungry am I. If you have to choose one, I would go with the results and recovery (I got a sample of it at beachbody meetup I attended) because it tastes good and you can't find it anywhere else, where as the shakes you can. That's just my two cents worth. Good luck to you!
  • l3xii
    l3xii Posts: 160
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. I'm having a tough time trying to chose.
  • jakesfitness
    jakesfitness Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    The R&R drink is basically just a supplement that can easily be replaced with something like choclate milk, peatunt butter sandwich or peanut butter and banana... all its doing is giving you the proper ratio of carbs to protein that your body needs to recover after a workout and you can just eat something to do that...

Shakeology however, is impossible to replace... and yes they have other meal replacement shakes out there, but non that ive seen are close to Shakeology. its ridiculous the amount of food and the types of food you would have to eat to equal one little shake.
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I used both supplements before and I coach, and I'd stick to Shakeology because you are getting the ultimate in nutrition that way.
  • jenjar44
    jenjar44 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you have to get shakeology straight from beachbody.com or can you get it from GNC or somewhere like that?