Hello!

Options
I am 65 years old. I have COPD and though it's no fun to have, I doing ok. I put on more than 50 lbs. when I quit smoking and finally decided it's time to try and go the other direction because in addition to looking terrible and being depressed over it, the extra weight is hard for my lungs to handle. I have 2 major strikes against me, that being my age and this disease which makes it hard for me to exercise. But I have a major point in my favor and that is the Good Lord watching over me and helping me succeed.

If anyone would like to come to this group and share, please do. Don't leave me sitting here all alone.

Replies

• dbarron1965
    dbarron1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hello! I would love to join you! I need to lose another 40 pounds for sure. Lets work together!!
  • dlee_75
    dlee_75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. It is nice to meet you.
  • psharma06
    psharma06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I need to lose 50 pounds (ideally 60)
    Lets motivate each other!
  • Minidom109
    Minidom109 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Mini, I lost 40lb a just over a year ago, put 6lb of it back on, but really want to lose the rest of my excess weight. I have 40lbs to go.

Two weeks ago I bought a fitbit, and joined MFP. I have consistently been under calories (except one day) but have not lost weight yet. Just decided to up my minimum steps to 15,000 daily and stairs to 15 flights. and cut down my calories a little. I assume my life is a little too sedentary for me to lose.

Good luck to all who join this group!
  • kgkraftskaren
    kgkraftskaren Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm Karen and need to lose about 48 more #s! I am 55 years old today and started the sensible diet on Monday and despite the interruption of cake into the calorie mix, I have managed to lose 4 pounds! and that's after 5 months of yoyo dieting!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Hi All!
    I started my lifestyle change last year, had a lot of foot pain in the fall and quit, gained it all back over the winter. Got some new shoes and a gym membership in February and have since lost 31 pounds! I have at least 20 to go to be in the healthy BMI range, but am actually shooting for another 35 or so to put me solidly into the healthy range instead of teetering on the edge of it. Hopefully that's close enough to 40 to join this group :)

I had a goal to lose 40 by July. I may make it by the end of July but I am taking it much easier than I was when I first started at the gym. I injured my knee, and have been seeing a physical therapist, who keeps reiterating I need to slow down. I am sticking to my food plan though, with planned binge meals. Surprisingly, those binges of food I used to eat all the time now result (often) in my feeling physically ill afterwards. So I use that as a measuring post and reminder so I don't go back to fatty, carb-filled foods for my daily intake again.
  • RheaIzar
    RheaIzar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I'm Dea. I have about 41 lbs to get to my next goal weight. I'm really someone who needs motivation so I"m hoping to give some and get some here motivation here!

Good luck to all!
  • aimmidon
    aimmidon Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am nearing 30 years old (this month) and have about 40 pounds to lose. I have a heart condition which makes me unable to run, but I'm trying to figure out ways to exercise without causing any health problems. I'm going to walk at least 3 times a week if not more than that. I just want to be healthy! I need encouragement!! :-)
  • gemsf1
    gemsf1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all. I have 50-60 lbs to lose, but thought I'd join you all on this mission. Good luck to everyone :flowerforyou:
  • Vogllaw
    Vogllaw Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone. This is my first time being in a group. About 5 yrs ago I decided to get back in shape. I had no idea what I weighed since I didn't own a scale & had not seen a Dr in over 20 yrs. I went to the Dr for a work related physical & I was shocked that I weighed 220 lbs. I am 6'1" and weighed this much as a football player but I was not muscular. I lost 40 lbs but gained 20 back last year. Since January I have lost 17 lbs and would like to lose at least 10 more. The last 10 seem to be the most difficult. I like my sweets so I am trying to increase my exercise so I can keep my ice cream habit. I am running about 9 miles a day but weight is slowly (too slowly) going down. Any advice? I find this app crucial to losing weight (also running with my dog is great too).
  • Vogllaw
    Vogllaw Posts: 2
    Options
    Aimidin

Walking is great exercise. It can be as good as running if done vigorously. I see too many people walking leisurely with mocha in hand which is better than sitting on the couch but not much.
  • fkirkend
    fkirkend Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am 41 years old and need to lose 50 pounds. I have started using MFP to keep track of everything I am eating. I am also on Week 5 of the C25K running program. I am so proud of the fact that I can now jog 10 minutes without stopping! (Huge for me.) Anyway, I joined this group to help me stay motivated. Feel free to add me as a friend also. It certainly helps to know I'm not the only one trying to become healthier :)
  • rlt999
    rlt999 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello All,

I love using MFP and have been doing this a few weeks I feel like I am losing weight easily am hoping to look normalish by August
  • mnhockeymom63
    Options
    Hey all - I need to lose 40 to 50 lbs and just started using MFP....please feel free to friend me always looking for buddies to keep me motivated
  • dbarron1965
    dbarron1965 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!! It is so great to know that I am not alone on this journey to shed 40 pounds. Hope you all have an amazing weekend!!
  • FruitSalad76
    FruitSalad76 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    hello friends. I need to lose around 72 lbs and would love to have friends to help me down this long road. I was first on MFP in 2012 and went from 220 to 185 and know I am back up t0 192 I am so scared that Im going back up to 220. which I don't want to do. Its not 40 or 50 lbs but I was thinking if my new friends lose 40 or 50 lbs then my goal will be close in hand. Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • KarrieBucket
    KarrieBucket Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I've been using the MFP app as a suggestion from my weight management doctor, I had no idea there was a group area to this site! I started my weight loss journey about six weeks ago.

Anyone have any suggestions for late night cravings? Laying in bed is the worst! My boyfriend and I use to eat a bag of popcorn every night but since then I've replaced the urge with a spoon full of natural peanut butter. I think it does the trick for the sweet craving but if anyone has any other suggestions--- I love to hear them.

Nice to meet all of you!

Karrie
  • revdbarker
    revdbarker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am DeShone and new to this site, actually I am new to this whole online fitness program. I definitely have 40-50 lbs to lose. I want to lose the first 50 and then work on the next 50. I am going to need all the support I can get. Had started walking the middle of May, but have had to stop for a while (under doctors orders) my knees didn't like it at all. But I am determine to do this. Last night I actually tried and made it through the "Jillian Michaels - 30 day Shred - Level 1" . I actually adjusted the cardio part to compensate for my bad knees. I ACTUALLY FINISHED THE FULL 30 MINS (free on youtube). Let's do this together, we can, yes we can. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • sunshine07611
    sunshine07611 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kellie and I need to loose an additional 45 - 50 lbs! I could use the support as well.

I do not have COPD, but my mother does, so I know how difficult it can be. I do however have severe Asthma...not quite the same, but still a PAIN..

Good luck and happy healthy wishes to everyone! We can do this!!!
  • Fridge64
    Fridge64 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, Try a glass of Metamucil it's hi in fiber and fills you also is great for lowering your cholesterol .