im starting to fade

Options
man i had a great start but i havent been this far in weight loss i what to eat foods that i have said not to eat i havent ate any chips in a week and if i do know then i will go on a eating spree :frown: what should i do !!!

Replies

• Ariforever
    Ariforever Posts: 9
    Options
    I think you should let yourself have a cheat meal every once in a while. That way you could eat what you want but in moderation. Hope this helps :)
  • tmschaffer
    tmschaffer Posts: 5
    Options
    I have to agree with Ariforever. I have a cheat day every once in a while, but last week PMS got the best of me and I binged! But the key is to bounce back quickly! We are here for support!
  • jessalynn0188
    Options
    Yes to cheat days! It's ok to cheat once in awhile as long as you get back to it the next day. And if you really really really want chips one day, get a bowl, put the serving size amount in the bowl, close the bag and put it away. It's much less tempting if its out of sight for me.
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am the same - if I want chips I take a serving in a bowl and put the bag away. I have found the more I limit myself or say things like "I can't have" the more I want it and the binge begins. I just satisfy the urge while it is small before I go overboard.

The other idea I have grasped recently which is really helping is to stop thinking of this as a 'diet' but a lifestyle change. You can still have the good stuff just in moderation.
  • ThinMeant1205
    Options
    Instead of having a cheat day, why not eat in moderation what you want? This is how I get by without feeling the urge to cheat. I just eat what I want and not go over my daily allowance. This is similar to Weight Watchers.
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Instead of having a cheat day, why not eat in moderation what you want? This is how I get by without feeling the urge to cheat. I just eat what I want and not go over my daily allowance. This is similar to Weight Watchers.

You are absolutely right! Well in my opinion anyway - I AGREE!! I have said this myself about this being a 'diet to loose weight' but now I am starting to think this is really more about a complete lifestyle change. I went to a pizza place last night with my scouts and I ate a nice healthy meal before going, I drank water with lemon while the girls and their parents ate pizza. In the past I would have dove in despite that I had already eaten but each day I get stronger and learn to make better choices. Now with that being said - I will eat a cupcake or a piece of chocolate if I want it and my binges and going calorie crazy have decreased. The best advice is do what is best for you!
  • ThinMeant1205
    Options
    You are well on your weigh (pun intended) towards success. I recently read t read an article on this, which you confirmed, that if you are invited out, and you have already eaten something, not to "eat again." Just order water and simply enjoy the conversation. This is truly practicing self control and I applaud any and all of you who are making conscious decisions not to allow your emotions to control you. All the best to you on your journey towards a new life-style.
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    Being kind to yourself and eating what you like is helpful for staying on track in the long run. Just make sure you're diligent about measuring and logging what you eat, so you stay in control and know how many calories you've taken in. As long as they're not "invisible" calories, I can't see the harm.