Weekend Challenge!!! 6/7 - 6/9

Options
For those of you who were interested in the weekend challenge -- it's on! Weekend challenge #1. Here's what we need to do this Friday-Sunday:

1.) get at least one good workout in
2.) eat 4-5 servings of fruit/vegetable each day of the weekend

I am going to a craft beer fest tomorrow soooo we will see if I can control myself...

Anyways, feel free to check in throughout the weekend if it will help you stay on track. Have a fun!

Replies

• Sunshine4209
    Sunshine4209 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I should get a good work out in, going dancing tonight haha. I'll try to limit my booze calories. Eating veggies and fruits has never been a problem here, if I eat anymore I'll just turn into a rabbit, LOL.
    good luck everyone:)
  • Mommy2akt
    Mommy2akt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am in! I definitely need the good workout after today... Not good for calories! Good luck everyone and have a great weekend!
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    How did it go everyone? I kind of miserably failed.

Friday was fine, but Saturday I hardly ate for some reason (unlike me) and drank a ton of heavy beers at a beer fest. I ate well when I did eat though (kashi, soy milk and blue berries and a chicken and mozarella/red peppers sandwich). The lack of food and lots of beer made for a mean hangover Sunday and I was sick, so again I hardly ate.

My workout was just a short a walk/hike on a trail yesterday when I finally stopped puking, but at least it was something.

I am sure everyone did way better than me!
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    K, sounds like you may have been under on your calories with so little eating, so that would be a success not a miserable fail, no?

I was off work Friday, so my weekend started Thursday night. My meals were generally healthy. I do not go to the gym on the weekends, but I did walk quite a bit, did a kettlebell workout, and had a long bike ride. However, the sugar binges still happened on 2-3 occasions, and my daily calories were 1k+ over. This weekend was a bit better than last (which was a bit better than Memorial weekend). However, I would still categorize the weekend as a failure since the calories were so much over, and the sweet tooth was not controlled.

Not going to freak out or beat myself up. Just try and improve today since that is all I have. Fasting today and heading to the gym in a few minutes.
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Moody - I guess in calorie world it was a success but in terms of the content of what I put into my bod, it was quite the failure, haha. Oh well. Sounds like you are steadily making small improvements in the past few weekends - good job! It is probably better that way so that the change will eventually just stick without going cold turkey.
  • Mommy2akt
    Options
    Ugh... Not so great for me for the weekend challenge. Started out strong but find weekend eating is tough. My oldest daughters birthday party was this weekend so a big sleep over party for her with pizza making, Whoopie pie making, and tons of junk food around. I am not good at keeping will power strong with junk around. So I did end up eating chips one night, which I haven't done in over a month. I thought I would be super motivated with my trip coming up next Saturday, but hard to resist junk when it is all over the house. Got to get rid of it! It could have been worse. I did resist a lot, and although over in calories I did walk the dog lots. I had meant to do a workout DVD but never did.
    So feeling a little discouraged but hoping to have a good week.
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    If I was surrounded by all that party junk food, I would have had a very hard time too. I am sure you resisted a decent amount of it though...and you were being an awesome and fun mom :)
  • Mommy2akt
    Options
    You are so sweet!! :happy:
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Do we want to try another weekend challenge?
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I am game. I have resolve this weekend, but it will be a challenge! Pool party on Saturday and then Father's day. :drinker:
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Yeah, same, I am visiting a friend tomorrow in my college town to help her shop for a wedding gown and I just want to eat all my old college faves (which are NOT healthy). Then Father's Day BBQ Sunday.

Ok so for the challenge - let's make it attainable, yet not easy.

1.) Only allowed two 'bad' meals (as in not your normal healthy choices)
    2.) Get one good workout in