Keeping Energy up

Options
twilightlvr79
twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
Hey everyone. It's been a while since I have been on here but I have a question. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can help to keep my energy up all through practice. About halfway through practice I lose steam and feel like I am dragging myself around the track. Some of the girls on the team drink red bulls, I've seen others with gallon bottles of gatorade. What do you all suggest?

Replies

• IrateBeth
    IrateBeth Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Here is what I generally do and what my teammates sometimes do:
    High protein dinner one hour before practice. Sometimes just a peanut butter on whole wheat sandwich works.
    Almonds. Bring almonds with you and pop a few in your mouth just before when you think you will start feeling sluggish.
    One of the jammers on my B-Team eats Prunes just before hitting the track. She eats 3-4. She swears by it as energy fuel.
    The Gatorade energy chews. Not bad, weird taste and after taste... but they work.
    Lastly: I found that because I workout now every day I do not have a scheduled practice (cardio at the gym, or weight training at the gym) I have a TON more energy.

Hope you can get that energy up!