Don't know what to feel

Options
My best friend since I was 3 stoped over the other day She told me she had some new but dint know how to tell me So she handed me a piece of paper. I unfolded it and right in my face was the news, My best friend is expecting. I keep it together until she left then i walked inside.. sat on my couch and Lost it. I have been trying for a baby for over 4 years since I lost my first... She and her fiance have only been talking about baby's for a month. If it were anyone elts I would have been fine but my best friend... we always talked about how our kids would be best friends like we were and how I would have a little girl and she would have a boy and they would grow up and get married. We were sposed to be pregnant together and trow each other showers like our other friends Jessie and Vicki did. I should be happy for her but all I feel is sadness and jealousy. Every person I have ever known that had babys I have pulled myself away from. I dont know what to do I just want my time to come.

Replies

• artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Try to think of it this way...what if you had not lost your first...or had a 2nd successful pregnancy in the 4 years you were trying but she didn't? How would you want her to feel and react? Life doesn't always work out the way we want. I am not trying to be mean, just trying to show that as hard as it seems right now because you want a baby so badly she is your best friend. Be happy for them the best you can. Be honest with her that it is hard for you but you want the best for her and her baby. And then work on really truly being happy for them. You would want the support of your best friend too. Good luck!!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your dream was rather elaborate since you were hoping the kids were going to marry each other.

I am sure it sucks to know that you've struggled for so long to have a baby. It's ok to be upset about that. Since you've been such good friends, you can try to be happy for her and throw her a shower... but maybe ask some friends to help you with it, so that way you're not coordinating all that on your own. Also, ask her to empathize with you. I know it might seem like you're in very different places right now, but best friends can still be best friends even if their lives don't sync up perfectly.