New To The Group, Not The Diagnosis

Options
Hey everyone, I am new to both the site and the group, but not so much to the diagnosis. When I was 14 years old, I was diagnosed with this syndrome in an emergency room after I collapsed from pain in my chorus class that was readying themselves for another musical. The pain I felt was horrific, stabbing, and overall made me feel sick. My teacher sent to me the nurses office where I basically collapsed and she immediately called both an ambulance and my parents. 6 hours later, and few tests later, and my mother was in shock from what they told her.

Since then (i am turning 23 in July), I have suffered from multiple cysts that either do not hurt or cause me to be put in the hospital a couple of days. My weight has always been on the big side since (before I was very healthy and only weight 145lbs) having the syndrome, I used to exercise every day for hours for years until these last few years. Luckily motivation finally kicked in and I managed to lose 25 pounds last year by just eating right and doing SOME exercises, but I am far from my target goal - 160lbs.

Aside from my weight, I also suffer from pimples, hair on the upper lip, and other little annoying issues that make me want to pull my hair our sometimes. If you have any tips or advice on what to do for these issues that would be great. :)

Anyways, thanks for making a group like this one! Please add me if you wish!

Replies

• Finnellappe
    Options
    Hi, I'm sorry you haven't had any replies before now! I don't have some of the severe issues you have, just the cosmetic ones that make nearly all of us miserable. I have loads of weight to lose with the goal of getting pregnant eventually. I'm still working out what can help me other than weight loss, I've noticed exercise helps me as long as I don't overdo it, which just cancels out the benefit for me. All I can really say is hang on in there!
  • LoveandGuns
    Options
    Thanks for replying! Yeah, I decided to go ahead and lose weight because at my old weight I was becoming infertile, and I want children so badly in the future that I basically said 'I am going to do this. I am going to lose weight.' Thanks for the support and keep at it yourself!