Am I in the smallest group around - LGBT over 50?

Options
leebesstoad
leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
I've been on MFP for quite while, but just started participating in the forum recently. I'm glad to see there is an LGBT group here as well. One thing I've noticed on the main forum is that, although there are some of us there, there aren't too many of us 50+ people on MFP. And I'm in an even much smaller subset of that population-- a man over 50 (probably under 25% of that group)

And I was thinking. Are there any LGBT over 50 out here at all? And even more, are there any other over 50 gay men out there? Or am I the lone voice in the desert?

So if you are over 50 and LGBT say hi. If you are under 50, say hi too. Because one day, you will be.

And anything I can do to help support anyone in the community, please feel free to message or send me a friend request.

Replies

• megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Hi..Im not only over 50...I will be 60 on Friday! nice to meet you!
  • cleighton13
    cleighton13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey almost 52 here, nice to meet you......:smile:
  • rosiesmama
    rosiesmama Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    54 friend. Fifty-effing-four. Nice to meet you!
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'll hit 48 next month, so getting there.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi! -- 50 and lovin it
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi! 40 here :)
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    Well greetings to all. I don't feel quite so alone.

And even though it's a few minutes late, I sure hope megsmom had a great 60th birthday on Friday.
  • FunnyBunnyHunny
    FunnyBunnyHunny Posts: 102 Member
    Options

So if you are over 50 and LGBT say hi. If you are under 50, say hi too. Because one day, you will be.

I'm half of 50. :) Hi!
  • eustinjean
    eustinjean Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    January 7th I will be 50!! I'm so excited to jump into MFP this time! I'm just out of a relationship and focusing on ME! Glad to meet you!
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    Glad to have you in our "select" group. And those who are half our age.

You know, it's great to go to the gym, and kick the *kitten* of kids 1/3rd our age. You know the ones, who walk around like they own the joint but don't put in 1/10th the work we do. Bring it on, beyotches. I'll whip you're butt any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Because I can.

Old, experienced and sneaky beats young, fast and strong every day of the week.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Glad to have you in our "select" group. And those who are half our age.

You know, it's great to go to the gym, and kick the *kitten* of kids 1/3rd our age. You know the ones, who walk around like they own the joint but don't put in 1/10th the work we do. Bring it on, beyotches. I'll whip you're butt any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Because I can.

Old, experienced and sneaky beats young, fast and strong every day of the week.

LOL aint it the truth! And we look damn good doing it too.
  • JuneBabyJeannine
    JuneBabyJeannine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'll be 55 in two weeks. :happy:
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yup, 53 years young, on here with my husband of 23 years - PHP01 he is a mere stripling at 46!
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    52! I haven't been very active on MFP this year, but I'm still around from time to time. Welcome, lessbesstoad and all the rest.

Now, get off my lawn!

:wink:
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not quite 50 (next year) and I'm not LGBT, or a male, but my daughter is a lesbian. I love her fiancee' dearly. They're getting married in late Oct! You're not alone...I'm more of a minority on this forum than you...lol
  • SWFLGUY
    SWFLGUY Posts: 40
    Options
    You're not alone - I'll be 65 in August...... bi the way. ;o)
  • bahada
    bahada Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    57 here and just starting. Yes, we are here.
  • pmcruz47
    pmcruz47 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm part of that group too. I'm 52 trying to lose weight and stay healthy.
  • ShaneWinston76
    Options
    I would love to be added to your friends list. My name is ShaneWinston76! I am a lesbian and 55.
  • ShaneWinston76
    Options
    Lee, I am 55, lesbian, and would like to be added to your friends list and vise versa. I am looking for more LGBT friends, as well.

ShaneWinston76:happy: