New to the Group!

Options
peepapie
peepapie Posts: 4 Member
Hello Group~
I have been diagnosed with PCOS since 2001 (after multiple misdiagnosis):huh: So...the weight became a real struggle. I am not trying to conceive or anything, but I want to be my healthiest self and that includes a healthy weight and a regular period. I am aware that my weight loss goals are sometimes viewed as extreme, but I was always a skinny/fit person before this surfaced. So...I am constantly struggling to find the balance.:smile:
I no longer take Metformin. It was upsetting my stomach and I preferred to try just the food changes. So...last year, I lost 34 pounds just by joining MFP and logging my calories. However, I did gain a few pounds back and I still need to lose 30 to be at a "healthy" weight. So...I thought joining the group would possibly help motivate. I have been actively using MFP for 3 weeks tomorrow and I have not lost 1 stinking pound!!!!!:sad: :noway: So I am VERY frustrated to say the least. :mad: I see my gyno tomorrow and I am sure he will be glad I lost that 10% from last yr but I wonder if something else is going on. I am exhausted all of the time too...
Anyone else??????
Look forward to hearing from you!
Amanda

Replies

• Finnellappe
    Options
    Hi, sadly this isn't a very active group! I definitely hear you on the exhausted thing, and the weight thing, however I have much much more weight to worry about so you're lucky in that respect. I also came off Metformin but I didn't give it much of a chance due to rather intense GI issues that made me afraid to leave the house! With the weight loss thing, it might be a case of finding an eating style that works for you. For me, I've been having success with the Paleo lifestyle after researching what other ladies have tried to help with their issues. Best of luck with whatever you decide!