6/17 Day 17 WEEKLY CHALLENGE

JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a happy Father's Day. I'm a horrible daughter and forgot to call my Dad yesterday. :embarassed: I guess I'll call him today.

Yesterday was a good day for me "goal wise." I stayed under my calories and I got a lot of walking in. Today starts another weekly challenge. I was thinking of another 3/20's challenge. How does 20 crunches, 20 push ups (girly ones count.), and 20 arm curls with weights (10 per arm) sound? We'll focus on our arms this week with a little emphasis on our bellies...because it's swim suit season after all.

My goal for today is to stay under my calories, exercise for at least 30 minutes and do 1 set of the 3/20's.

Today I'll leave you with a saying that I hope one day I'll follow..."Exercise should be about rewarding your body with strength and endorphins, not punishing your body for what you've eaten." It will be nice to get to the point where I exercise for the fun of it but until then, feeling guilty about what I've eaten is my biggest motivation. :tongue:

I hope you all have a marvelous Monday.

♥ Diana

Replies

• Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Great saying...:flowerforyou:

Shame on you for forgetting your father, lol :noway:

I have to get back on the exercise wagon, I have not worked out in a week.... :sad: I've been being lazy....:yawn:
    No Excuse!!, I know...

I'll try this challenge but I will substitute the crunches for something else...I'll figure something out...

Diana, thanks for keeping this going...you make me feel like someone cares if I work out or not...I really appreciate it

Here's to you :drinker:

I'll let you know what I get done.....hubby will be home soon, so I'll be starting tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Hey There everyone,

Sorry I haven't been real active on here the past week, had a very stressful past week, but luckily instead of turning to food, when I got stressed I jumped on the bike and road until I calmed down. So calories and exercise were good last week

Luckily this week things are going better stress wise. I'm pushing myself to reach 30 miles of biking, so today got in 26.5 miles then did Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred. Diary is looking good. Oh I forgot to weigh in for last week I dropped 2 more lbs last week.

Diana I hope you called your father LOL Shame on you!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Jen
  • JurneyEve
    JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
    I called my father this afternoon. I did say "Happy Father's Day" on Facebook yesterday so at least I got something in there on the actual day. :laugh:

Mary - Thank you. I do care if you exercise. I love reading about what everyone's been doing. It keeps me motivated. Just reading about Jenn's 26 miles on her bike makes me get on mine.....even if I don't go as far as her. :wink: Although I'll have to wait until this evening to exercise because on Mondays I run a support group at my church and I can't really show up all sweaty and stinky. :laugh:
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Oh they won't mind too much if you show up stinky :)

We all care if you get your exercise in Mary. I may not have been typing last week, but I was watching :)

Doesn't matter how far you go just as long as its more then thinking about going. Remember every bit of exercise is worth it, when I started biking in February I did 5 minutes, that's it .. that's all I could do. Now I can go over 26 miles, and have the sore butt to prove it LOL

And posting on facebook doesn't count you sound like my husband with people's birthdays. I asked last week did you call your mom for her birthday, no but I posted on facebook. I wanted to hurt him, cause she doesn't yell at him, she calls and complains to me LOL