Shrinking Violets

Options
FlaxMilk
FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
From Willowfrosty's last post, Shrinking Violets is it. Here's our team thread for the competition.

I'm glad the competition starts tomorrow--this weekend has been an unusual one for me food wise, which means much more opportunity for indulgence than is usual for me. I'm glad the competition is starting because my motivation overall is up.

Replies

• ashleybb123
    ashleybb123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My weigh in tomorrow is not going to be very good...my body and I are fighting.
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Not had the best week myself - but the competition starts tomorrow and it might be the kick up the *kitten* I need.
  • Willow_Raine
    Willow_Raine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I must confess, I'm a binge eater, and an emotional eater. I'm stressing about the weigh in tomorrow. I go into panic mode, and then I binge, binge, binge. It usually continues through the first few days of a new routine.... so, if I'm off the deep end for a couple of more days, it's my 'norm' and will be done shortly. The hardest part is the nights. My husband works 3rd shift, and I can't seem to fall asleep until it's almost dawn. So I'm snacking most of the night. I'm trying to readjust my time clock so I can sleep through the munch time instead. Feel free to give me a kick in the *kitten*. Seriously.
  • varuca1
    varuca1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My weeks are okay, because I'm at work and out of the house. Weekends can be my downfall. I had no motivation and did absolutely nothing this weekend. I didn't eat too bad, I just didn't get any exercise :(

But tomorrow my coworker and I are starting are 5k training so hopefully that will kick my butt into gear!
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    Knowing I have people counting on me will be a big help. Sounds like I'm not the only one that is looking forward to starting. I think we'll have a good team and a lot of support. :bigsmile:
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    100% weigh in--good start to us!
  • RTDice
    Options
    Now it begins. Good luck everyone.
  • RTDice
    Options
    Good luck with tomorrow's weigh ins everyone!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Sorry, team! I've been dealing with severe headaches for more than a week now and have had low blood pressure so I've also been eating a lot of high sodium foods to try to help.
  • RTDice
    Options
    *hug*
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    FlaxMilk, Just do what you need to do to feel better. That's what this is about.. feeling better. :flowerforyou:
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    I had a pretty rough week and I really didn't know what to expect at weigh in, but I was delightfully surprised to learn I had lost 5 pounds. I have a tendency to retain a lot of water, with feet and ankles so swollen I can barely walk. I was all puffed up at the first weigh in, and not so much now. I haven't been so good on my food intake and almost no exercise, so the weight loss can't be attributed to that. I have, however, started drinking massive amounts of water. According to my water app, you are supposed to divide your weight in half, take that number, and then drink that many ounces of water a day. For me, that comes to over 150 ounces a day... that's over a gallon, or about 4.5 liters. I've been really good about keeping up with the water intake, so that's what I think tipped the scale for me. It would be great to lose that much every week, but realistically, I don't see it happening. {Aw shucks}. I have been known to gain/lose up to 10 pounds over the course of a weekend. It's just water fluctuation. So, if I have a week where I gain a bunch, it's most likely just water and will get flushed away shortly. :drinker:
  • varuca1
    varuca1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I thought I had a good week. Stayed under my calorie count, exercised 6 days (30-45 minutes each day) and then I weighed this morning. Gained .8. So not happy!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Great job team! Especially you WillowFrosty! 5 lbs is fabulous. Varuca, don't fret. All the exercising could very much be causing glycogen and water storage in your muscles.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Doh! From shedding some water weight, I weigh less tonight, wearing shoes, clothing, and after eating than I did first thing this morning. Sometimes you just have to laugh!
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    FlaxMilk - Yep. LOL. =)

Varuca - Your efforts are paying off, even if the scale isn't cooperating for you today.
  • terrimccrery
    terrimccrery Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wt 200.4
    I gained! Ugh! My food choices have not been the best, but I've been under calories. I'm sorry team! I'm sticking with this, maybe next week a big loss?????
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    No worries Terri--you did everything right, the math will follow.

I asked our competition leader if I can count today's weight instead since others are still weighing in today. I lost nearly 4 lbs of water weight yesterday, taking me from a +3.3 to a -.4

It's not about winning the week so much as wanting a lower weight to have to work from. If it doesn't bother you guys, I may check in here daily with how I'm doing to be accountable.
  • RTDice
    Options
    We are all here for you! Keep on working it, you'll get there.
  • Willow_Raine
    Options
    terrimccrery - I don't know how it works for anyone else, but I can weigh myself 5 different times during the day and get 5 different weights. Just keep doing what you're doing. The scale will catch up to you.

FlaxMilk - Do what works best for you, and it will end up being what's best for the team.