New to Isagenix, looking for advice

Options
Hi all! Completely new to Isagenix. A trusted trainer recently suggested I try it, as I am very active but still carrying excess stomach fat after my two babies and I am really hoping to increase muscle and maintain (or improve) my training performance. I am looking for some unbiased opinions on the 30-day products, and people's experiences with it. Been trying to do some research online but the only things I can find are by people who are selling it. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for any information/experience you have to share! Expensive, yes, but if it works I am willing to give it an honest go.

Replies

• janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    Hello,

I am in about the same spot -- only I didn't have children, but still have belly fat.

Did you check out the reviews of Isagenix products on Amazon.com? I noticed that many of their products are being sold there.
  • TangieTP
    TangieTP Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Jane! I did see they sell them on Amazon! I went there and was reading through reviews and such. :) Through our gym the cost is less, plus you get some amount of nutritional coaching through them. At first I was ignoring it as hype, but they all but dared me to try it and see for myself... I figure that the cost is worth it... if it works, then I've done something great for myself. If it doesn't, well, at least I'll know I gave it a shot and can keep trying. :)

Have you started it? I am waiting on my products to come, probably Tuesday.
  • TangieTP
    Options
    Ugh, evil belly fat. I've always carried my extra weight there and now after two kids, I am sick of people asking me if I'm pregnant because my belly is so round. :) Good luck to you!
  • janebshaw
    janebshaw Posts: 168
    Options
    Hi Jane! I did see they sell them on Amazon! I went there and was reading through reviews and such. :) Through our gym the cost is less, plus you get some amount of nutritional coaching through them. At first I was ignoring it as hype, but they all but dared me to try it and see for myself... I figure that the cost is worth it... if it works, then I've done something great for myself. If it doesn't, well, at least I'll know I gave it a shot and can keep trying. :)

Have you started it? I am waiting on my products to come, probably Tuesday.

No, I am still thinking about it and reading info. So far, I haven't seen anything negative about it. Good luck!
  • iamheatherregan
    iamheatherregan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I just started the 30 Day program today. My family and friends have had AMAZING results and truthfully they are people that didn't even need to lose weight but wanted more energy--- boy do they have it. They did lose tons of inches and look fantastic. I will be glad to chronicle my journey here and if you would like to be friends you can also check out my progress. Good luck!
  • iamheatherregan
    iamheatherregan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    PS--- There are also some awesome FB support groups I have joined if you want to talk to some real people who have had real results. I did sign up to be a distributor but wanted to experience the process first. I hope this helps!!
  • ChristinaDawn7
    ChristinaDawn7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I've been drinking the Isagenix IsaLean shakes for 5 years, because I feel more energetic and think more clearer after I drink the shake. I did follow the 30 day plan 5 yrs ago...I can't remember how many 30 day plans that I did, but I lost 30 pounds at that time. After losing the weight, I stopped eating healthy and gained the weight back, also felt like crap and got some health issues from all my bad eating habits. Even though I wasn't following the plan, I would continue to drink the shake once a week before I taught my zumba class. I always felt amazing on those days. So I've decided to start the 30 day program again and I started last Monday.

The person that signed me up as a member 5 years ago, is no longer an Isagenix member. So I didn't have any support. I found a few FB groups that have helped with support, also I just joined a game called "Isa Game On" which has helped me a lot. Last week I lost 5 pounds and I do feel better. On the game, we are only allowed to weigh ourselves once a week...so we shall see this Friday if I lost more, kept it off, etc.

Christi
  • TangieTP
    Options
    Hi girls! Thanks for the responses, you give me a lot of hope and encouragement! I got my products yesterday, so I am starting today. So far, pleasantly surprised that I have liked the taste of everything. Nothing worse than getting a small fortune in stuff to find out it tastes nasty. :)

Also, thanks for the friend requests, it helps to not feel so alone here in MFP and gives me the feeling of accountability! Will also check out the FB pages you mentioned.

A little of my backstory - I have always carried fat in my belly, which became more pronounced after baby #1 and then baby #2 were born. Have gotten really active, first with distance running, then joining CrossFit and adding lots of weights and barbell training. I have still been unable to drop any fat, despite pretty clean eating regimine and activity. Have also had two recent miscarriages, and seems like that caused me to put on a little more weight. My best friend recently invited me to take a boxing class with her, and the boxing instructor is who pretty much dared me to try Isagenix and see if I don't get results and put on some lean muscle/drop fat. I figure, yeah it's expensive, but if it does what it says it does, then it will be worth the money, and I sure could use the physical and mental boost.

Good luck ladies and thanks!
    Tangie
  • Merlyns888
    Options
    I have been using Isagenix for a total of 2 full 30 day programs and 1 maintenance month. I go to the gym between 4-6 times a week. Which I was doing before with little to no weight loss. I have lost 13 pounds and kept it off for 4 months. I have lost right around 20" so far. I have gone down from a size 16 to a hair around a 10. Isagenix has changed my life and my husbands life. It's NOT a diet!!! It's a cleanse and also a tool to learn how to eat and how to live a much more healthy life. I have been able to eat pizza, pasta, burgers and drink beer. Is that full time, heck no it's not!! It's what my cheat days are made of and I will NEVER give up the comfort foods I've learned to enjoy in my lifetime, however I have learned how to portion them and when to eat them. I SWORE I would NEVER sell Isagenix and for the first time just two days ago as I was making another order it dawned on me, I would now. Why wouldn't I want anyone to feel as much energy as I do? Why wouldn't I want someone/anyone to have the chance to change their life like we have? It's hard work and I won't lie. If you are looking for a diet or meal replacement, than this isn't for you. You have to want to commit to a life style change and to a better life. You have to want to be determined to cook better and EAT!!! The key to losing weight is to work those muscles and to eat!! Again, if you're looking for a change...try it out!! If you have any questions, shoot me an email!! I'll send you a link to my 1st 30 days blog on another site and you can check out my blog on here. I'm not selling anything, just telling you my experience with it! Chin Up & Good Luck!!