Hi!

Options
RUNNINxRIOT
RUNNINxRIOT Posts: 32 Member
Hey all.. New to this group, so hi! I never expected to see an alt music forum on a workout site, but this is great. So I mainly listen to political (left-wing) punk nowadays, but I also like mod and some power-pop too. I have a nice rockabilly/psychobilly collection, but haven't been feeling that lately. Anybody ever attend shows, or see anything good lately?

Replies

• leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I was just at Punk Rock Bowling in Vegas, got to see the almighty Turbonegro, as well as the tail end of Lagwagon's set. The festival is definitely getting bigger, the festival shows as well as many club shows sold out fast this year.
  • RUNNINxRIOT
    RUNNINxRIOT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I was just at Punk Rock Bowling in Vegas, got to see the almighty Turbonegro, as well as the tail end of Lagwagon's set. The festival is definitely getting bigger, the festival shows as well as many club shows sold out fast this year.

Awesome! A couple friends of mine went and somehow got into the sold-out Damned show for free. Not like they haven't seen them before, but that's definitely an added bonus. Maybe I'll try to make the trip next year. Didn't know Turbonegro was even still around!
  • leftoverbun
    leftoverbun Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Didn't know Turbonegro was even still around!
    Yes, they have had a few lineup changes in the past year or 2 (new singer, drummer among them). They put out a new record last fall and it's not too shabby. They are awesome live though.
  • aguzman50
    aguzman50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have to ask - is your name from the **** Sparrer song? One of my faves.
  • aguzman50
    aguzman50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I got edited - in my last post. Guess that word is not allowed.
  • stiobhard
    stiobhard Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Awesome! A couple friends of mine went and somehow got into the sold-out Damned show for free. Not like they haven't seen them before, but that's definitely an added bonus. Maybe I'll try to make the trip next year. Didn't know Turbonegro was even still around!

i saw them some years back.... patricia morrison was playing with them which was an added bonus. think that was the last night I wore my bullet belt... it wasnt very wearable afterwards....
  • MiqGallegos
    MiqGallegos Posts: 15
    Options
    Why have I never been able to like The Damned? Even their appearance on The Young Ones didn't help. Captain Sensible is a douche.