Introduction

Options
ModelMomMD
ModelMomMD Posts: 14 Member
Hi Everyone,

I am starting to workout again after a huge lag in time! I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and my diet and eating have been out of whack ever since. I am an RN, married for 5 years with a 5 year old son ;) I weighed 150 going into the illness, and with being on steroids and eating what felt good to my stomach, I am at 188 now :( I need to lose it for health reasons so I'm operating at my healthiest. However, with my fatigue from Remicade treatments and the disease itself...I'm not doing well. So I hope we can help to motivate each other :)

My workouts usually consisted of:
1. Zumba cardio, and toning for a week
2. Hip-hop Abs cardio, and toning for a week
3. Jillian (any of her cardio and toning dvds, I LOOOVVEEEE her!...she gives me results fast!)
4. Zumba Core for Xbox 360 Kinect
5. Dance Central fro Xbox 360 Kinect

To start off this week I'm going with Jillians:

Tuesday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min
Wednesday - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM (40 minutes) + BUNS & THIGHS DVD (30 minutes) = 1hr 10min
Thursday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min
Friday - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM (40 minutes) + BUNS & THIGHS DVD (30 minutes) = 1hr 10min
Saturday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min

This way I get the most for my workouts with cardio to start and ease into toning while fat is still burning!

I'm also going easy with my breakfast and lunches this week, with:

Breakfast - Jillian's Greek Yogurt Crunch with Quinoa Crunch and Berries (posted on blog)
Lunch - Fruit smoothie with whey protein (will be posting to blog)
Dinner - a meat and a vegetable
Snacks - fruit (grapes, and mangoes are my favorite)

To prevent over eating or eating when bored, I chew Orbitz Sweet Mint gum!

I lost more than 50 pounds after my sons birth using weight watchers, Zumba, Hip-Hop Abs, and Jillian. I love to dance so that's why my workouts have to include some dance in them, but in the beginning I need Jillian to get me over the initial weight hump. Losing weight is a very complex process for women, and especially for me. I'll be posting about these difficulties on my blog later today ;) Feel free to check out my blog here:

http://reguardingwomen.blogspot.com/

It feels awesome to be a part of a group, and thanks for having me :)

Health and wealth,
ModelMomMD

Replies

• sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 39 and have two children...lately I had a big shift in mindset and am trying to learn how to run. I'd always started out too fast and would become discouraged and quit. Taking a running class at a local run shop with a great coach is helping and I'm learning how to pace myself. I had a bad/unusual spring health-wise and lost a lot of ground from the strength/good diet/toning up I had been doing, but I'm trying to make up for lost time. My 5 year old has also become interested in running and begs to go out and run/walk! I love it :)
    That sure does make me want to keep it up!
  • shellebelle79
    shellebelle79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a 33 year old mom of 3. 8, 4 and 10 months. I pretty much stopped bfeeding and now I really have to adjust my eating seeing how I can't include the (-) 500 cal from bfeeding. I want to get more active and go back to drinking my water. I really want to get comfortable in my own body and for me to actually do that I have to lose the weight. For the last 8 years I've been hiding and trying to be invisiable. This has made me miss out on a lot of fun with the kids because I don't like to be seen to much in public. But I took the kids, by myself, huge milestone by the way! But I took them to a spray ground water park and managed to roll my pants up to my knees and actually walk around. I just tried to just focus on the kids playing so I wouldn't think about getting embarrassed. I don't know how this journey is going to end for me but I hope with your all encouragement I can achive something.
  • ModelMomMD
    Options
    Hi! I'm 39 and have two children...lately I had a big shift in mindset and am trying to learn how to run. I'd always started out too fast and would become discouraged and quit. Taking a running class at a local run shop with a great coach is helping and I'm learning how to pace myself. I had a bad/unusual spring health-wise and lost a lot of ground from the strength/good diet/toning up I had been doing, but I'm trying to make up for lost time. My 5 year old has also become interested in running and begs to go out and run/walk! I love it :)
    That sure does make me want to keep it up!

That's awesome that your 5 year old wants to participate too, mine love to run and workout with me as well. I would have to say that his favorite exercise is Dance Central for Xbox Kinect. We a have health/weight set backs, but it looks like you are bouncing back very well. Besides you have us here to keep you motivated and in a positive mind frame ;)
  • ModelMomMD
    Options
    I'm a 33 year old mom of 3. 8, 4 and 10 months. I pretty much stopped bfeeding and now I really have to adjust my eating seeing how I can't include the (-) 500 cal from bfeeding. I want to get more active and go back to drinking my water. I really want to get comfortable in my own body and for me to actually do that I have to lose the weight. For the last 8 years I've been hiding and trying to be invisiable. This has made me miss out on a lot of fun with the kids because I don't like to be seen to much in public. But I took the kids, by myself, huge milestone by the way! But I took them to a spray ground water park and managed to roll my pants up to my knees and actually walk around. I just tried to just focus on the kids playing so I wouldn't think about getting embarrassed. I don't know how this journey is going to end for me but I hope with your all encouragement I can achive something.

With encouragement and positivity we can all handle this ;) I remember feeling that same way after my son was born, and I never really got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 135...not sure I will ever see that weight again ;) However, I did get down to 155 and I loved it! It took determination and the use of WW's, Hip-Hop Abs, Zumba, Jillian Michaels, and Tracey Anderson. After a while it was just instilled in me and everything was regular for me. Until, my illness hit and my appetite could only handle certain foods that were not healthy :( At this point I want to get back to preparing health un-processed meals for my family ans well as for myself. Being within my acceptable BMI range is very important to me, as my mental and physical health are both extremely important to me. However, I have the LARGEST sweet tooth you could EVER imagine...and that is my #1 WEAKNESS!

I'm 30 with a five year old, and we are thinking about adding another child in the near future. So, this weight loss concept should prove to be very interesting :) Just remember that your physical appearance does not define you, your heart does along with your smile ;) I'm here whenever you need an ear or just to talk :)
  • shellebelle79
    shellebelle79 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, I just really need to remind myself that I am the ONLY one that can change the way I look and feel. I am so tempted to use the quick fixes out there but am determined to do this my way, which isn't always that great! lol But I just don't want to put anything in my system that could affect me long term. I'm so glad I'm not doing this alone. I want to be healthy for my kids and I want them to be as well, along with the husband too.
  • yoyofatigued
    yoyofatigued Posts: 33 Member
    Options

You can do this! To keep from being overwhelmed at how far I have to go I just look at getting through the day. My goal is today. So let your goal be today. I am sure your kids had a blast with you playing with them at the park... here is to healthier moms and happier kids! We are going to do together!
  • yoyofatigued
    yoyofatigued Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am starting to workout again after a huge lag in time! I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and my diet and eating have been out of whack ever since. I am an RN, married for 5 years with a 5 year old son ;) I weighed 150 going into the illness, and with being on steroids and eating what felt good to my stomach, I am at 188 now :( I need to lose it for health reasons so I'm operating at my healthiest. However, with my fatigue from Remicade treatments and the disease itself...I'm not doing well. So I hope we can help to motivate each other :)

My workouts usually consisted of:
    1. Zumba cardio, and toning for a week
    2. Hip-hop Abs cardio, and toning for a week
    3. Jillian (any of her cardio and toning dvds, I LOOOVVEEEE her!...she gives me results fast!)
    4. Zumba Core for Xbox 360 Kinect
    5. Dance Central fro Xbox 360 Kinect

To start off this week I'm going with Jillians:

Tuesday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min
    Wednesday - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM (40 minutes) + BUNS & THIGHS DVD (30 minutes) = 1hr 10min
    Thursday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min
    Friday - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM (40 minutes) + BUNS & THIGHS DVD (30 minutes) = 1hr 10min
    Saturday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min

This way I get the most for my workouts with cardio to start and ease into toning while fat is still burning!

I'm also going easy with my breakfast and lunches this week, with:

Breakfast - Jillian's Greek Yogurt Crunch with Quinoa Crunch and Berries (posted on blog)
    Lunch - Fruit smoothie with whey protein (will be posting to blog)
    Dinner - a meat and a vegetable
    Snacks - fruit (grapes, and mangoes are my favorite)

To prevent over eating or eating when bored, I chew Orbitz Sweet Mint gum!

I lost more than 50 pounds after my sons birth using weight watchers, Zumba, Hip-Hop Abs, and Jillian. I love to dance so that's why my workouts have to include some dance in them, but in the beginning I need Jillian to get me over the initial weight hump. Losing weight is a very complex process for women, and especially for me. I'll be posting about these difficulties on my blog later today ;) Feel free to check out my blog here:

http://reguardingwomen.blogspot.com/

It feels awesome to be a part of a group, and thanks for having me :)

Health and wealth,
    ModelMomMD

Welcome! We are glad to have you! Check out the CHALLENGE thread and see if you are interested in joining that! I am sorry to hear of the CD, that is a pretty serious illness. I hope the meds help keep it manageable for you, especially for your little one.
    I love your positive outlook. We are here for you!
  • HealthyByJuly14
    Options
    Just started this week. I'm a WAHM of a 4 year old girl. The word diet makes me want to run to the fridge and pig out. I have emotional eating issues. :/ Don't like counting but something had to be done. I lost 50 with weight watchers years ago and now I've gained it all back plus 7. I did it once, I know I can do it again. Just dreading the time it takes. Last time it was 8 months. I'm older and wiser now, though. ;) Looking forward to being part of a group. I'm generally a loner.
  • RNred05
    RNred05 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi my name is Tiffany and I am a 32 yr old first time mom, working mom (RN) of a a beautiful 1yr old baby boy!! Before I got pregnant I had been working out and eating right. Then I got pregnant and really quite watching and then ended up with preclampsia and gained about 50-60lbs while pregnant. Most of that weight came off quickly due to it beng water weight but after that I stayed around 200 for a long time. After finally get fed up with how I felt I started to watch what I was eating and trying to be more active. By just doing that I lost about 8lbs, which was definitely not enough. So I kicked it up a little more and started watching even more and being even more active, well that helped me lose about 4lbs more. Still not enough! So I started on MFP and have been doing it now for 47days and have lost 13.6lbs! I now weigh less than I did when I got pregnant!!! I still have my bad days and also have lots of great days too! I try and use MFP religiously and record every single thing I eat and drink!

For my workouts I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I have been trying to finish it for probably the last 47days and because of different things happening just haven't been able to do it completely yet. I also do a 5 mile aerobic workout with Leslie Sansone! I love her dvds and this workout is really good! I also try to walk more, park far away when I am out running errands and always take the stairs when I can.

Right now I am 176.4 and my goal is to get to at least 165 and then try and maintain that for a month and then we are going to try and get pregnant again! My goal for my next pregnancy is to only gain what I have to and pray that I do not have another reoccurence of preeclampsia.

I am really looking forward to the support I find on here! Add me if you want!!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing your stories. I am excited to join this group :)

I am a full time working mom of a handsome & very active 2 year old. I NEED to get in shape so I can keep up with my son and not always be so tired. And, I want to be a GREAT role model for my son.

I try to do my workouts in the morning. I feel I get the most out of them early. Now, if I could only get a few more hours in the day to get everything done I needed...lol.

Eating right can be an issue for me. I tend to do great most of the day but, once I am home I become I night grazer :( I am working on this with baby steps
  • sabrinacj
    sabrinacj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies my name is Sabrina, I am 34, 2 kids (boy 7 & girl 1 1/2). I really struggle with making time to workout because the kids keep me busy and my husband often works late. I really want to take back my body. I have way too much fat in my stomach and arms, my legs are big but I used to run track in high school and college so I know they aren't going anywhere but they could be more toned. I struggle with snacking late after the kids go to bed and there is always food and sweets at work. Looking forward to communicating with you all and I am here for support and encouragement. Good Luck Gals!!
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is Magnolia. I am a mother of 2. I have always struggled with my weight but there were times that I would set my mind to it and the pounds just melted off, not ideal weight reaching kind of losses but yes 30-50+ pound losses. These last 3 years have been quite the struggle, nothing has seemed to work "as good as I would like it to". I have in the last 3 months changed my mentality to "slow and steady", it seems to be working... So, here I am... Trying to stay motivated. We can do this!!!
  • ThaithaiChocolate
    ThaithaiChocolate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 wonderful kids my daughter is 7 and my son is 2. I work full time a theme park I run around all day haven't lost a pound. I knew I had to push myself. I am a fast food junky . Now eating right and working out I hope I hit my goal I try to change my work outs very day but mostly I do these
    UFC trainer on Xbox for kintect
    Jillian Michael's fitness adventure on x box kintect
    Dance central 1 2 3 for Xbox on kinect
    Zumba fitness part for Xbox on kinect
    Elliptical trainer
    Jillian Michael's 30 day shred is my fav so far though I found it on you tube I love you tube. I love to motivate people a when I do it surely help keep me focused add me I have a open diary would like some friends with the same