Introduce yourself!

Options

Replies

• Predsfan2013
    Predsfan2013 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Lesley I am 29 and I have been obese since I was about 12. I am 5'9 and about 3 months ago I hit 313 and well that was it. I tried taking phentermine. It caused headaches and when I was coming down from it, I had the worst case of being irritated. I stopped that. I joined a gym and stopped eating fried foods. I am down to 306 which is my starting weight on mfp. I am more than determined to lose weight and live healthy. I do not want to be a statistic for obesity anymore. So here I am. I don't log all the time. but I am here for support, motivation, and just fun. My wedding is May 31, 2014. I am so excited.
  • mindalyn
    mindalyn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    congrats to all the beautiful bride to be's! We are still deciding on a December '13 wedding or spring '14. :/ we are late to the game! lol. For all of you struggling and/or doubting yourselves, since I have combined the support from MPF and Plexus Slim to my daily habits the past month - I have lost over 13 inches and 8 pounds! I have never felt so great, nor did I think it was possible to do! I am in by no means ready for dress shopping (don't think I am not mentally strong enough for that yet lol), but I am well on my way and I will get there. Your goal can be reached!

Whether you think you can or can't - you will always be right!

Please feel free to add me as a friend or message me! :) best of luck with the rest of weight loss!
  • Shell30Harrison
    Shell30Harrison Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you all; I'm Michelle and live on the south coast of the UK, and am getting married in April 2014.

I figure this group will be a good motivator for me, and stop me boring all my friends with talks of wedding diets when they couldn't give a darn! Hopefully I'll see some interesting threads being started off - it looks like the group hasn't been very active in the last couple of months sadly.

I would say my goal weight is 140 lb, meaning I have about 45 lb to lose.
  • sblades
    sblades Posts: 75
    Options
    Hello Beautiful Brides of 2014!
    My name is Sarah, and my fiancee Matt and I got engaged on December 19, 2012.
    We are planning our wedding for September 6, 2014 - so the one year countdown is not far away ! eek! I would like to have a dress picked out by Christmas.

29 years old
    5'7"
    CW: 206
    GW: 175

I've lost the weight before, and confident that with MFP and personal training, I can do it again. Anyone have experience with the Foundations First offer from GoodLife Fitness clubs? I'm starting next week with a package of 2x per week for 9 weeks. Exorbitantly expensive - but hopefully worth it.

Good luck ladies - we can DO THIS!! :)
  • smb0953
    smb0953 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, we got engaged on June 21st 2013, so just a week ago. I won't go dress shopping till February so I have a fair amount if time to drop 20 pounds and tone my wiggly thighs :-) I would love to have some support (and support some of you) for this journey to the aisle next August so add me!
  • TinaMGib
    TinaMGib Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all! First off, congratulations to all of us!! This is supposed to be an exciting time for us brides-to-be but if you are anything like me you are cringing at the idea of dress shopping and having your photo taken. We got engaged in February 2013 and by April I had joined MFP. I have had 20lbs of success so far but I have a long ways to go. I am 29 yrs old and will be marrying the love of my life in July of 2014. This means I have 1 year to make up for a lifetime of laziness, lack of self-control, and unhappiness. I don't just want to lose weight for the wedding; I want to lose weight to be a healthier me and giving myself the deadline of our wedding fits well within a reasonable time frame to lose the 110lbs I need to. I will also be turning 30 next month and I am not entering my 30s without a game plan! So here it is: I am taking out the garbage. All of it. I am throwing out all the junk food. I am tossing out lame excuses to eat poorly and not exercise. I am trashing the idea that socialization has to revolve around food. I am ditching those people who seek to sabotage my success. I am no longer going to live in a dump of denial - the one where it's not a big deal I am a "few pounds overweight". I am obese and have no one to blame but myself. I have spent the entirety of my 20s weighing around 250lbs and because of that I have missed out on a lot. I am not going to keep missing out when I am in my 30s. My future children and my fiance need this for me too so I need your help! Keep me motivated and I will keep you motivated! It may take a village of brides-to-be but we can do this together. :wink:
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I've been engaged for about 2 months now and we're looking at August 2nd 2014- looking to lose some weight but mostly to get that muscle definition, particularly in my arms since the rest will be hidden under a poufy white dress :happy: I'm doing my first dress hunting session when I go to visit my fam in San Antone so my mom and sister (MOH) can be there.
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    hi everyone!

my fiance and i got engaged in october and are getting married in june 2014.

i am 5'4" and weigh 136. i would like to be 120 by the time i go dress shopping in mid-september and hope to lose a little more before the big day.

i am on here a lot and am looking for like-minded friends, so feel free to add me!
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow 2014 brides!
    I'm Ellen. I'm 20. I'm 5 foot 5.5" and 148 lbs. I got engaged on March 22nd, 2013 in Disney World. My fiancé and I are getting married on May 17th, 2014. I can't wait!
    I have my dress already. Now I just have to lose some weight so I look better in it.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

My name is Gina and I live on Long Island. I'm 4'11'' and I honestly don't know what my current weight is, but I'm sure I've gained a few pounds back. Looking to lose around 10 pounds for the wedding.

I got engaged on 6/1/13 (our 5 year anniversary). We are getting married 11/7/14. :)
  • leeanne1985
    leeanne1985 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi 2014 brides!

My name is Lee Anne, I'm 28 and I live in DC. I got engaged in May, and we're getting married August 9, 2014. Woohoo! I feel like I should be a totally confident, happy person when I walk down the isle, and the one thing I've really struggled with in recent years is my weight. I'm 5'2" and I currently weigh 135, and I would like to weigh 120 by my wedding, or even 117 as the ultimate goal (plus just looking toned). I know 15 pounds doesn't really sound like a lot, but in the past I have worked so hard for months on end and not made it below 127. But this time I am super motivated because of my wedding, and I'm bound and determined to stick with it. That year countdown is about to begin, and I want to shed a significant portion of the weight before going dress shopping. I'm doing "Bridalicious Boot Camp" that I bought on the knot website. I just started yesterday and liked the first workout. Any support in this journey would be much appreciated, and glad to know you all are on the same path as I am. Here I go!
  • eluepnitz272622
    eluepnitz272622 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Elizabeth and I got engaged almost a month ago. We are getting married June 1st 2014. I still have a lot of weight to lose but I would be happy if I could get down to 199. Right now I'm currently at 273. My fiance and I already have a little girl, she is almost 10 months old. I gained a lot of weight with and after the pregnancy, and now I just want to look good for our wedding.
  • angtimms
    angtimms Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi I'm Ang, I'm getting married next July 2014 in Spain! My fiance is on deployment at the minute so I am using this time he is away to get in shape! :) I have 28-34lbs to lose and am very motivated please add me as I would love some friends! I am in sunny Northern Ireland!
  • shaunamccollum
    shaunamccollum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm 5'3" and from Northern Ireland too like Ang! I got engaged in Paris on 13 Nov 2011 and after 10 years together, I'm getting married to my fiancé in July 2014 - one year today to be exact! And I would love to be at least 145lbs on the day so 16lbs to go. Post baby I weighed in at 180lbs and I still have alot of stubborn post baby weight that I have been lazy and not focused on shifting (she's not a baby anymore so I have no excuse!) Recently started running for the first time EVER so I'm hoping that will help go along way to reaching my goal.
  • serafin366
    serafin366 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicole. I met Josh in June of 2012, and knew the moment I met him, that instantaneous love does exist. We moved in together after a month, and got engaged in Newport, RI on St.Paddy's Day. We are getting married August 30, 2014 (Laborday Weekend)!

I have struggled with weight my entire life, and have hit my all time high at 275. I am not only trying to get in shape for the wedding, but for a lifetime of happiness together.
  • cinterella
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am happy to find this group, I've never really joined a community before and do everything on my own but I love seeing everyone else's progress and I think I might succeed better with some motivation!
    I am getting married in February 2014 and I want to be able to buy a dress that I love not just one biggest it fits ok. I want to look at my wedding photos with pride and not disgust.
    So far I have lost 6.6kg (14.5 lbs) in 10 weeks. I still have another 23kg (51lbs) to go to reach my goal weight but I will be happy losing 18k as that will put me back at what I was 5 years ago as back into my old clothes! Can't wait to hear everyone else's results to help keep me motivated!
  • robingoblin
    robingoblin Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm Robin, and I got engaged almost a month ago in Japan! We're getting married in October 2014, so fortunately I have a bit of time to get to my goal.

I'm 5'5" and currently at 159, US size 12, although my highest was 175. My goal is 140, but who knows how low I can get! I don't even want to reserve dress appointments or engagement photo shoots until my chub reduces at least a little more. I also want some nice arm/back muscles!

Once my fiance and I get settled into our new nyc apartment, we're starting the Eat To Live diet together! Sounds really intense, but it WORKS! Let me know if you want to do it with me! We want to have a beautiful life together and live until we're 100 -- hence all the vegetables! :-)
  • Tho127
    Tho127 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Tara and I'm getting married May 10, 2014. I have my dress but have not had it altered yet so it's still exchangeable. It is a corset back and can be altered down as much as two sizes so I am not worried about it. I'm just going to work as hard as I can to lose weight and look as beautiful as I can for my FH.
    I'm glad to find this group as I can use as much motivation and encouragement as I can get. I am just now getting my diet back under control. I've started back to the gym with my wonderful workout partner/bridesmaid and we are having fun with it.
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow 2014 brides!

My name is Laura and I'm getting married August 3, 2014. My engagement pictures are in the beginning of October so I'm back trying to avoid the double chin look as much as possible. I find there is no better motivation to lose weight/get fit than knowing you will be photographed and videotaped for a good 8 hours straight in less than a year both of which are said to make one look 10lbs heavier, ahhhhhhhhhhhh.!
  • ndpotter10
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nicholle, and I have been with my man for three years and just recently got engaged! We are getting married in September of 2014, and I really want to feel great on my wedding day, which is why I have recommitted myself to getting healthy.

I'm 5'9" and 21 years old. When i began my fitness pal journey I weighed 265lbs. I'm currently down to about 245lbs. and my goal is to get under 200lbs!! If any of you are looking for some moral support or more fitness pal friends feel free to add me!