Insanity workout 2nd week!

Options
I have been active in my work outs and now I have started Insanity, but I'm a little frustrated because I don't seem to be losing alot right now. It took me 2 months a while ago to even start seeing results and that is when I lost 30 pounds. Now since I have started menopause I can't seem to budge my wieght! Any suggestions would be wonderful!! Thank you!
Brenda

Replies

• sheilastyle526
    Options
    Hello, I am a Beachbody coach and felt the same way when I started Insanity. However, the workouts help you build so much muscle that it's understandable that you wouldn't have seen results so quickly. It is recommended that you take your body measurements to track progress.
  • Woolified
    Woolified Posts: 65 Member
    Options
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity last summer (as part of a 3 month "Biggest Loser" contest at work), starting at a healthy weight (5'8", 120 lbs) with the aim being to swap body fat for muscle and I dropped 6% body fat over the 3 month contest.

I just re-started another round of Insanity this week, and I've been Googling other people's results since this time I'm starting from an extended (3 month or so) break in working out. I've seen several women comment that they start to see results in month 2. If you're not used to the kind of vigorous cardio and plyometrics in Insanity your muscles will probably retain some bonus water initially as they heal up, which could delay seeing any results although your body is changing.

Stick with it, and make sure you're eating clean. Take progress photos every week, sometimes the changes are entirely in dimensions/appearance and won't show up on the scale.

Good luck! :)
  • msmariimac
    msmariimac Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Such a difference! Thanks for sharing your photos. Thats definitely motivation to continue when the scale isn't moving :)