Your "go to" Pregnancy Meal Plan!

Options
Jem411
Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
Hello fellow Mommies! I am finally out of my, "need to eat any and all carbs that I can possibly find!!!!" stage and am looking for some meal ideas.

I have always eaten pretty healthy, but find that my "go to's" are things I should limit during pregnancy...and then my other usual choices just don't sound appealing anymore. Go figure!

So, I am interested to see what most of you are eating on a daily basis. What is your favorite: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Snack?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!!!

Replies

• lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I find myself eating like I'm a kid again. During the week it's pretty consistent, weekends are anyone's bet.

Breakfast: Oatmeal w/berries. Cold cereal.

Lunch: Grilled cheese & an apple. Or PB&J and an apple. Or soup. A salad with stuff from my garden. Simple stuff that takes like 3 minutes to make.

Dinner: Chicken Caprese. Grilled meat. Spinach & turkey pepperoni calzone. Steak taco. Lasagna (I roast eggplant & use that as the noodle layer).

Snacks: generally a banana, or some sort of cut fruit (whatever looks good at the market that week). Sometimes saltine crackers w/natural peanut butter if I'm hungrier than usual. I've been eating ice cream a couple times a week at night. Another favorite snack of mine is a homemade iced coffee (decaf).
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Up until this last week actually I ate HORRIBLY. I am talking Pop Tarts, McDonalds, mac and cheese.....basically carb/comfort food overload. I felt so queasy all day long and these foods just made me feel better. In fact, I don't think you could have paid me to eat a vegetable which is funny because I am a fairly clean eater when not knocked up.

Well, because I have had preeclampsia (toxemia) in my previous two pregnancies, I am following the Brewer diet. It isn't really anything that a normal person couldn't follow...in fact, I highly recommend it for EVERYONE. It is all about high protein (over 100 grams without any protein supplements although I aim for closer to 120 grams), whole grains, high calcium, high vitamin A. high vitamin C, high fiber. If you google it, you will find it. I use it combined with my vitamins but if it weren't for the folic acid and DHA, I probably wouldn't need any vitamins. It is a ton of food though. I am struggling with appetite issues right now but I am sure that will change soon, lol!
  • Jem411
    Jem411 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I need all the help I can get, it seems. I am 12 weeks (plus a few) and have already put on 9 lbs! I have got to do something. Terrified it will just continue to get worse. I've been adding in a lot more fruits and veggies, so thinking that will help.

I really think that my body was eating at a deficit for so long that it is holding on to those extra calories! Time will tell :)
  • cdbarger
    cdbarger Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've been craving fresh fruit so I make sure to always have some on hand, also soups, and sandwiches. I'm just getting past my food aversions so hopefully I can handle some veggies again soon.

For breakfast I usually have toast and an egg, some oatmeal & fruit, or cold cereal. Then at lunch I like to make a fruit and spinach smoothie, or have leftovers from dinner the night before. Dinner is all over the place, but I always have the stuff for spaghetti or homemade pizza. I have to think about my kids and husband when it comes to dinner, otherwise I'd be eating cold cereal again!
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I need all the help I can get, it seems. I am 12 weeks (plus a few) and have already put on 9 lbs! I have got to do something. Terrified it will just continue to get worse. I've been adding in a lot more fruits and veggies, so thinking that will help.

I really think that my body was eating at a deficit for so long that it is holding on to those extra calories! Time will tell :)

I had the same experience, gained 7lbs quickly because I also was previously eating at a deficit and my body just went AHHHHH foooooddd!!! Over the last week I have lost 1.7lbs just by putting everything into MFP and realizing I can't just eat anything all the time just because I'm pregnant. Boooo!

Anyway, I eat "roggebrood" very heavy Dutch rye bread, with light cheese for breakfast. And 2 eggs as snacks, fruit, simple lunch of either same as breakfast or stir fried veggies. Fat free Greek yoghurt, and anything veggie plus fish sometimes or veggie pasta for dinner. Making sure I have 2/3 veggie and 1/3 carb. And I eat sugary foods on days that I exercise....hmmmm!
  • Andrea3030
    Andrea3030 Posts: 161
    Options
    Favorites-

Breakfast- Lara bar and string cheese or oatmeal with fruit, nuts and syrup

Lunch- 2 scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, salsa and avocado in a whole wheat tortilla

Dinner- hmm this varies, usually meat/seafood + a starch and veggie, pretty standard.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - 2 Weetabix with 200ml semi-skimmed milk and 80g Strawberries or 50g of blueberries

Lunch - Sandwich filled with cucumber, cheese, salad leaves and coleslaw with an apple.

Tea - Either pasta with veg or potatoes, veg and meatfree burger or grill.

Snacks - Dried fruit, fruit lollies, cheesy puff crisps, tortilla chips, low fat yogurt.
  • roxyj0mar
    roxyj0mar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 16 weeks, recently I started having 2 breakfasts & eat small meals throughout the day. I lost 5 lbs during 1st tri, but I think I'm starting to gain the last week & half. My first breakfast is a half a bagel, whipped cream cheese, with a few raisens & sunflower kernals on top. 2nd breakfast, I make at home and take to work & reheat mid morning- english muffin with egg, cheese, ham, & jalepenos. Lunch varies- sometimes a lean cuisine, half size salad from wendy's, soup, or a bag of mixed fresh vegetables. Late afternoon snack- trail mix, wheat thins, cheese cubes, pickles, yogurt. Dinner- I have been grilling a lot, usually 1 meat, 1 vegetable & 1 starch. Evening snack- ice cream, cookie, yogurt, cereal, or frozen fruit bar.