How can we help?

Options
farmwife3815
farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
I know we all posted our into's but what is one thing that you need help or support with today? I would like to be able to support each other in positive ways. So what is today's struggle? Mine is that it's going to be a busy day and I'm taking my daughter to the drive in tonight. I will pack our own snacks, but I am worried about the popcorn. So I need encouragement to stay strong!

Thanks everybody!!

Replies

• tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Drive in you say? Fantastic!! Two things I would suggest.... first, bug spray... (these Michigan mosquitoes are awful)... As for popcorn, I've been eating this Boom Chicka Pop popcorn (mint green bag) It's only 37 calories a cup, lightly sweetened/salted... and tastes amazing! I'm not a popcorn person, but I got this last week just to try it out and I really liked it. It doesn't taste like a diet snack at all.

As for me... today is my husband's birthday. I'm planning to go to the gym with my 22 yr. old son (Andrew) and his girlfriend around noon, I've already "paid" my 19 yr old, Ryan (ahead of time - and yes, we can call it a bribe, lol) to babysit my two-year old (Nate) so my husband can't complain about me working out today. So far so good... I think. My biggest challenge though is going to be resisting my husband's birthday cake. Andrew and his girlfriend baked and decorated his birthday cake in a "battlefield" like fashion... (totally amazing and creative) and it's full of chocolaty goodness and nuts. So... wish me luck!
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    Tairaven Yes a drive in. I have packed stuff to take. they allow you to purchase a food permit for something like $5. I won't take popcorn because I don't like it cold. Problem is I love theater popcorn, but I shall resist! LOL

Sounds like you have a full day planned! It's too bad you are not getting the support at home. Hopefully the hubs will come around. The cake sounds amazing!! Can you handle just eating a small piece? Please don't take offence to that. I am one that often can not stop once I start so it's better to not even taste. Some can handle that little bit and be ok. Good luck to you and have an awesome shrinky day!! LOL :flowerforyou:
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Tairaven.... That popcorn sounds good. I will have to look in my grocery store for it!

Becky... did you stay strong?
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    I stayed strong for the most part. I did go over calories but it was mostly healthy stuff. I did break down and have some cotton candy. I learned for next time!! And we had so much fun!
  • teresachelton99
    teresachelton99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am very tired today , and very hungry. I am on my two shakes and can not have dinner for two more hours.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank You :smile:
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am very tired today , and very hungry. I am on my two shakes and can not have dinner for two more hours.
    Any suggestions?

I'm guessing that it is probably too late..... but I am a believer in feeding yourself when you are that hungry. If you had only had 2 shakes up to that point in the day, I'm sure your body needed energy, so a snack would tide you over until dinner. For me, protein tends to keep me full, so a snack like yogurt or hard boiled eggs would work. I hope that helps some!
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    Any suggestions?

I keep almonds and walnuts around to snack on. Maybe with a small piece of fruit. I find that if I wait too long, then i can't stop eating, so it's better for me to have a little snack instead of trying to hold off.