High/low

Options
dab52776
dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
I know that when I am uncomfortable with my body and struggling to make a lifestyle change, it is easy to be overwhelmed by the negatives. Since I am a huge emotional eater, my mental health is an important factor in working towards physical health. For that reason, lately I have been challenging myself to acknowledge one positive and only one negative each day. They can be related to anything.... Not just weight loss. I figured I would start posting here, for more accountability and to see if anyone else would benefit and like to join me :)

Replies

• dab52776
    Options
    6/21/13
    High: didn't turn off my alarm for my early morning workout

Low: had to take my son to the doctor for his extremely bad case of excema
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    What a great idea!! My high for the day was spending time with my husband and daughter, just being together. My low was that I didn't get my bike ride in!!! Thanks for doing this!!
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    My high for yesterday was spending extra time with my hubby. :)

My low was not getting to the gym for a little toning, although I did manage to fit in an evening walk. :)
  • dab52776
    Options
    I'm so glad to see others join me... I hope more people hop in!

6/22/13
    High: Exceeding 10,000 steps (actually 11k+)... doesn''t always happen on the weekends

Low: I didn't drink anywhere close to enough water today
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    6/22
    High going to the drive in with my daughter. We had a blast!
    Low I know I was over calories and I ate some cotton candy
  • teresachelton99
    teresachelton99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Low- I gained 2 lbs. yesterday and don't know how or why, High- Thank God I am alive and well and able to have another day to keep on trying! I am Happy to be off to God's house this morning to draw my strength from him.
    BTW , I love this idea too. It makes us count our blessings, reflect on what we have or have not done right, help's us to vent and to keep motivated. I am so Happy to finally have support!
    Have a Blessed Day All!:smile:
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    Low- I gained 2 lbs. yesterday and don't know how or why, High- Thank God I am alive and well and able to have another day to keep on trying! I am Happy to be off to God's house this morning to draw my strength from him.
    BTW , I love this idea too. It makes us count our blessings, reflect on what we have or have not done right, help's us to vent and to keep motivated. I am so Happy to finally have support!
    Have a Blessed Day All!:smile:

Is this just in a day? If so, you did NOT gain 2#. I REPEAT you DID NOT gain 2#. You may have water retention but there is no way that it is fat unless you ate like 7000 over your calorie goal. Drink lots of water today and get a good nights sleep. Ok, I will stop yelling now. I just don't want you to beat yourself up. Ok? Ok!! Now go drink some H2O!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • dab52776
    Options
    I agree... If that was just one day, it doesn't count! I've read a couple interesting things lately about the frequency for weighing in. One source said people who weigh daily are more successful. Another suggested weighing daily and averaging all of the readings for the week. I really like that idea but am not consistent enough to do it. I currently weigh a few times per week, but the only one that "counts" is Sunday! What do all of you do?

Highs: lost 1 lb for the week (first loss in awhile) and playing at the playground with my husband and kids

Low: didn't make it to 10k steps
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    6/23 High spending the day with extended family, grilling and playing in the pool. We (my sister's and I) did our own version of water aerobics! Low ate too much! and got sunburned!! But we had a lot of fun!
  • dab52776
    Options
    6/24
    High: 18,000+ steps

Low: ate a chocolate chip cookie.... A pretty darn good day for me if this is the only "low" I can come up with :smile:
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    6/24 High...Had a nice relaxed day Low...Couldn't stop eating after dinner.
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    6/29

High: Enjoyed a lazy day reading, playing on the computer, sleeping late.

Low: Really achy today and didn't feel like working out.