Introductions

YpsiChris
YpsiChris Posts: 20 Member
Hi All,

Please introduce yourself here. Please share something about your goals and what you hope to get out of this group. If you belong to MKP, feel free to tell us the name of your I-Group and when/where you initiated into the group.

My name is Chris. I did my weekend in September 2012 at Circle Pines in Delton, Michigan. I'm here to lose weight, reduce my blood pressure, and my risk factors for heart attack, diabetes, and cancer. I recently started working out at a Crossfit "box" (gym) and working the C25K program.

My motivation for starting this group was to create a space where men could do their work. In my experience, weight gain goes hand in hand with other challenges in life. We can workout and eat right, but if we don't address the other conditions that lead to our weight gain, then we will not be successful.

I attended a community weekend in May at which the organizers set aside an entire cabin for men with CPAP machines. I don't know a ton about sleep apnea. Not all of these men were obese, but many were overweight or otherwise in poor health. This got me thinking about the health of our community and my own health.

So here I am! I look forward to meeting you!

Replies

• Fattymatty89
    Fattymatty89 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi guys,

I'm a male in my mid 20's. I was extremely active in my teens, and after a severe burn on my leg I became less active and started to notice the pounds piling up.

My goal is to get back to my weight in highschool, gain confidence in myself, and to be happy.
  • Hey all; and hello. I've just turned 43 and sitting at about 202 lbs was up to 215 at one point lost 30 on weightwatchers for men; got lazy back up to 208. Started a new diet this week on day 7 lost 6lbs. Looking to get back to my high school weight around 170. I'm not getting lazy this time. Shredding this weight for good.
  • YpsiChris
    Hi guys,

I'm a male in my mid 20's. I was extremely active in my teens, and after a severe burn on my leg I became less active and started to notice the pounds piling up.

My goal is to get back to my weight in highschool, gain confidence in myself, and to be happy.

Welcome Matt!
  • YpsiChris
    Welcome! I hear you on shredding the weight for good!