How is everyone doing? Ending Week 1

Options
yoyofatigued
yoyofatigued Posts: 33 Member
Hi group! Just wanted to create a place where you can check in and share how you are doing. This is a great place for you to share your successes over the past week to inspire others or a safe place where you can share your misses. We are here to learn from each other and receive supportive accountability.

Replies

• HealthyByJuly14
    Options
    I'm almost done with my first week here and I'm off to a good start. The hardest part is getting the food organized again around my family. Since I've lost this weight before it's easier. I know what to expect and have lots of tricks up my sleeve. I'm trying to eat small meals more often and so I have to work with leftovers or I'll be cooking constantly. I'm not craving anything so I know I'm eating healthy. I'm down 5.6 in the first week so it was like a good start on a long journey. :smile:
  • lahstrand
    lahstrand Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I should take the same attitude. I've yo-yo'd the same 15-20 lbs for multiple years, always gaining more than I lost. It's depressing that I'm losing again and it will take all summer to get back down to the weight I was a year ago.

Tracking and prepping has been pretty easy. Summers are always a much lower stress time at my work and I bike to work so it doesn't feel difficult...it's keeping it up 3 months from now that is always the harder part.

I'm doing an adult rowing camp next week. I'm sure I'll be sore, but excited to try it.
  • ThaithaiChocolate
    ThaithaiChocolate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have headed into my most busiest time at my job butt I am doing great. I haven't missed a day here I didn't work out, or a day where I wasnt under my calories. I just weighed myself for the first time in a long time. Well since my last appointment with my doctor when my son was 6 moths old.i was 230 then I am 219 now my goal is to be 150. I haven't been under 200 since before my daughter was born. She is 7 now. I am taking it one day at a time since I never don a diet before. My first weight loss goal is to get below 200 so first thing first. Good luck to everyone.
    And remember "sweat is your fat crying" lol roflmao
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey yall. To say I didn't loose any weight after my two babies is an understatement. Well im back and I will be aiming to get back to my pre pragnancy weight ...thats like 15kg from where I am now...A few ups and downs with this weight loss thing but I have decided to keep at it whether the scale moves or not....I am giving myuself till October 29th and aiming to loose 10% f my body weight now....say in the next eight weeks. then anothe r10% by the end of september 2013.

My previous weight loss goals in the past few months have not been met..Not sure why but I can say I have been good, working out and eating within my limits reasonably. I do loads of walking and tried the 30day shred but only lasted till day 16 as the planks in level 2 was so hard..anyway I have started the 30day sshred again today and will be aiming to do level 1 withing five days ...thats is two sets of workouts per day (as long as i feel as good as I feel today).
    Anyways, all the best to u all!
  • Me2FitMe
    Me2FitMe Posts: 1,284 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    First week was better than I expected! 4.8 lbs lost!! That is the most I have lost in 1 week in a loooooonnnnnggggg time! I worked out for 1hr each day Tues-Fri and 1hr 20 min on Sat.. yesterday was rest day... I did not eat back most of my workout cals and yesterday I went over my goal but my baby boy turned 5!! And that will only happen once, so I started fresh again today!! :)
  • yoyofatigued
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    First week was better than I expected! 4.8 lbs lost!! That is the most I have lost in 1 week in a loooooonnnnnggggg time! I worked out for 1hr each day Tues-Fri and 1hr 20 min on Sat.. yesterday was rest day... I did not eat back most of my workout cals and yesterday I went over my goal but my baby boy turned 5!! And that will only happen once, so I started fresh again today!! :)

So glad to hear you did so well!! That is fantastic!
    And congrats on your boy's birthday. :)
  • yoyofatigued
    Options
    I'm almost done with my first week here and I'm off to a good start. The hardest part is getting the food organized again around my family. Since I've lost this weight before it's easier. I know what to expect and have lots of tricks up my sleeve. I'm trying to eat small meals more often and so I have to work with leftovers or I'll be cooking constantly. I'm not craving anything so I know I'm eating healthy. I'm down 5.6 in the first week so it was like a good start on a long journey. :smile:
    You can do it!!! Pull out those tricks and maybe even share some with us! Nearly 6 lb loss in the first week is amazing.... keep it up, one day at a time!
  • danielle_hester
    danielle_hester Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The week was off to a great start, then it was SATURDAY...donated platelets, had a coke, & it was downhill from there...going to a b-day party with my 3 year old & then a dinner date with the hubby.

Avoiding snacks during the week is really hard for me. I've learned I am a stress eater...and today's social functions all were food focused. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better...and full of cardio to help make up for the multitude of munchies today.

What are ya'll doing to avoid this spiral? I often find myself very HANGRY by 2pm...I'm going to start taking cucumber/kale/lime juice with me everywhere & hope that helps...my juicer will also be getting a workout tomorrow.
  • hadiolar
    hadiolar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, just checking up on us. Hv a great day.
  • yoyofatigued
    Options
    I should take the same attitude. I've yo-yo'd the same 15-20 lbs for multiple years, always gaining more than I lost. It's depressing that I'm losing again and it will take all summer to get back down to the weight I was a year ago.

Tracking and prepping has been pretty easy. Summers are always a much lower stress time at my work and I bike to work so it doesn't feel difficult...it's keeping it up 3 months from now that is always the harder part.

I'm doing an adult rowing camp next week. I'm sure I'll be sore, but excited to try it.

How did the row class go?
  • yoyofatigued
    Options
    The week was off to a great start, then it was SATURDAY...donated platelets, had a coke, & it was downhill from there...going to a b-day party with my 3 year old & then a dinner date with the hubby.

Avoiding snacks during the week is really hard for me. I've learned I am a stress eater...and today's social functions all were food focused. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better...and full of cardio to help make up for the multitude of munchies today.

What are ya'll doing to avoid this spiral? I often find myself very HANGRY by 2pm...I'm going to start taking cucumber/kale/lime juice with me everywhere & hope that helps...my juicer will also be getting a workout tomorrow.

Some of what I am doing to avoid my 'spirals' is planning. That may sound simple, but it has helped tremendously. Plan for your snacks by pre-portioning healthy options in the small snack sized zip lock bags. Things like sliced cucumbers with lime juice, mixed berries, raw nuts, or air popped popcorn.
    I have to say I LOVE the 'hangry', I haven't heard that before, but I will be using it! LOL. I instantly knew what you meant!
    I love my juicer, too. Getting healthy by breaking one bad habit at a time (and adding one new good one).
  • lahstrand
    lahstrand Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking! It was great. Now that I've taken the learn to row class, I'm going to sign up for the club. adults meet Tuesdays and Thursday evenings through mid-November. I think it will make a difference in my commitment that people are relying on me to show up...you have to have at least 8 rowers to go out on a boat.
  • mommyalma
    mommyalma Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello beautiful mom's
    we are the Charlie Angeles beautiful mommy's :heart: