HEALTHY RECIPES

Options
2»

Replies

• naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    That pie sounds yummy - a must make!! Great summer dessert!!!!
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That pie does sound yummy! I'm going to try it! They are harvesting strawberries up here now!
  • Prephred
    Prephred Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That strawberry pie is something similar to what my grandma used to make for Blueberry pie. I will have to dig up the recipe. It was good and she always cooked low cal but super taste
  • mudflatmabel
    mudflatmabel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This is a recipe we have adapted from a recipe my boyfriend found online (Yes, my boyfriend cooks for me more than I cook for him - I am one lucky lady!)

Asparagus Delight

1 bunch asparagus (about a pound or 2 cups) - cut up into bite-sized pieces
    1/2 cup walla walla sweet onion (or other sweet onion) - cut up
    1/2 cup sweet red peppers - cut up
    1 Tbsp Lemon juice
    1 Tbsp Olive oil
    Crushed garlic - to taste - 1 to 4 cloves

Mix together all ingredients and let marinate about a half hour. Throw into a frying pan and cook on low to medium heat for about ten minutes - or until veggies are slightly browned - and Enjoy!

Serves two

Calories per serving - 125

This is a healthy recipe because it uses fresh veggies (we grow our own asparagus and garlic) that are full of essential vitamins and minerals and low in saturated fat and cholesterol. It tastes great, too! .
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    Hmmmm... mom loves asparagus... I think I'll have to try this last one for sure!
  • PrajnaFaux
    PrajnaFaux Posts: 45
    Options
    My friend's daughter gave me this recipe, and it's great!

Healthy Tuna Salad

3 (7 oz.) cans water packed light tuna
    1 cup Fage 0% Greek yogurt
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    1/2 cup black raisins
    1/3 cup (1.5 oz.) roasted almonds, chopped

Mix together in a bowl. Makes 4 cups.
    Total calories: 1102
    Calories per 1/2 cup serving: 138

This recipe is healthy because it replaces the usual mayo with nonfat Greek yogurt. This really cuts down on the fat and calories. I was missing tuna salad, so I was happy to find that not only does this fit in with my plan, but it's high in protein and flavor. The yogurt is a bit tart which brings out the flavor of the raisins. You could add seasonings or herbs if you wanted as well.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Here is my recipe for Healthy Eating Day.

Panko Chicken Strips

1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
    4oz chicken breast meat, raw

Slice chicken into thin strips. I usually dampen them with a little water and then roll in Panko bread crumbs. Lay on pan that has been sprayed with some Pam. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes (depends on the thickness of chicken) or fry in oil. Warning: Oil adds more calories, so you will have to add that in.

Serves: 1
    Calories: 158
    Carbs: 12
    Fat: 1
    Protien: 28
    Sodium: 34