Are these contractions??? FTM?

Options
Amandajp79
Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
I was due yesterday. I started having, what I think to be contractions but I'm not quite sure. It feels like bad period pains that are low in my pelvis. They last for only a few moments, around a minute but they are really sporadic, like 7minutes, 15 mins, 25 mins, 7 mins apart etc. Am I crazy or maybe this is the beginning stages??? I appreciate your experience ladies. I guess I just figured contractions would feel more like a tightening all over my belly, not like this.

Replies

• cdbarger
    cdbarger Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It could be the beginning of labor! My contractions always felt like diarrhea cramps (gross, sorry) instead of what I read they should feel like. Everyone describes them differently. Try going for a walk and see if that intensifies things at all.

Good luck!
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    That sounds like how I started my labor with my first! My contractions started at about 2 am and lasted like that all day, and didn't start to get more consistent or intense until late afternoon/evening. It does sound like it could very possibly be early labor, but you get to play the "wait and see" game! Actually I didn't even look to see when you posted this, I wonder if things have progressed by now...hmmm! Sending happy healthy baby thoughts your way!
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    That is how they started for me with my first but that was early labor. I went for a walk and it brought them on much stronger:drinker: Sending you happy labor vibes!!!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    They feel different for every woman and every labor. My mom said hers felt like a tightening all over. For my first, they felt like bad menstrual cramps, then bad gas pains, then feeling like I was being stabbed repeatedly from all angles between my crotch and my stomach (horrible back labor). This time I had sharper pains that were concentrated down below. They hurt more but were somehow more bearable because they were more localized. I was able to endure it better but was still more than happy to have the epidural!

Anyway, what you are experiencing sounds like what I felt this time (a month ago today, to be exact), only mine started at 2-3 minutes apart. You may be in the really early stages where they're very irregular. They say you should call your doctor once they are 5 minutes apart for at least an hour, or, of course, if you have bright red bleeding or your water breaks.

Good luck! So exciting :D
  • Jessibear86
    Jessibear86 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda, did they end up being contractions? Let us know!!
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I just posted my birth story under June Babies. I guess I should have made a new topic! Maybe I'll do that now. He is perfect :) Thank you all for being on this journey with me. :flowerforyou:
  • misskristy30
    Options
    Well, I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions and they feel like period cramps to me. :)

ETA just saw you had him so they must've been real contractions "