Hi!!!

Options
My name is Desiree and I have PCOS. I have all the FUN symptoms. I'm overweight, hairy in all the wrong places, NEVER ovulate and very difficult to get pregnant. :( BUT I have decided to take CONTROL!!! :) since June 2nd I've been on a low carb diet and have lost 20 pounds. Since I started my period of 7 weeks FINALLY ended and I'm feeling great. I'm seeing a new RE and once I lose some more weight he is going to help me make my son a big brother!!!! We have been TTC for over a year and half and our currently taking a break but plan to start again in several months. I'm on several PCOS groups and I'm hoping to "meet" even more amazing CYSTERS! Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Replies

• WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    wow 20 lbs in less than a month! That's great! Keep up the good work.
  • peepapie
    peepapie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 20 pounds sounds like A LOT!!! Glad to see you here getting and giving support. How many carbs are you eating? I am struggling to lose the last 40...suggestions????????
  • WifeofPJ
    WifeofPJ Posts: 312
    Options
    Welcome! 20 pounds sounds like A LOT!!! Glad to see you here getting and giving support. How many carbs are you eating? I am struggling to lose the last 40...suggestions????????

How much Fat are you eating? Are you eating enough fat? I find that when I get plenty of the Good Fats in my diet (Avacado, nuts, even bacon) I loose more weight that week. And if I eat too many sugar things I don't loose much.
  • dezbear
    dezbear Posts: 21
    Options
    I try really hard to keep my carbs under 30, no breads, pastas nothing with sugar added. I've even cut out fruit :( I mostly eat meat and veggies. All my carbs come from the veggies. I do eat things with fat, but instead of beef I use turkey and I've switched to turkey bacon. Not gonna lie when my hubby makes bacon I have a bite of his. I try to make the majority of what I eat protein. The first 5 days of my diet was strictly protein and ROUGH. I'm really just trying to eat clean. Every once in awhile I while have some cheese but I try to keep that in check. Of course my favorite foods are BREAD and CHEESE lol but I'm loving the weight loss so the lack of burgers and pizza are worth it. I should also mention that I'm doing my diet under medical supervision.
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love the CYSTERS hahahahaha that's kinda cute ;)