Starting Insanity - June 24, 2013

Options
TheFitHooker
TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
Today I am starting insanity and thought I'd make this group for those doing it, done it, or are also starting it. A place for support, a place to ask questions and not get cut down for maybe repeating a question that has been asked before.

I'm taking my measurements and before photo's soon. In a little over 2 hours I'll start my day 1. I'm pumped up!!!

Replies

• Sassy9411
    Sassy9411 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting! I just finished my first week actually. Hoping to see some good results..I'm just stuck on the fact that I went up 2lbs. I know it is the first week so I can't get too down yet about it.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    I'm sure you went up do to your muscles retaining water. That's happened to me on other workouts.
  • avrobin03
    avrobin03 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the insanity workouts, I started them about a year ago lost about 40 pounds then found out I was preggo's so I never even got through the first month. I'm also re-starting them TODAY! I love that you created a group where people can come and share their experience with it! I have A LOT of weight to lose! So we will see how it goes lol. (:
  • amlewi5
    amlewi5 Posts: 4
    Options
    I did Insanity last semester and really got toned up. However, I didn't stick to the diet plan so I didn't lose as much as I could have. I started Insanity yesterday and plan to do it this summer. I need to take before and after pictures. I regret not doing that before.
  • lannasster
    lannasster Posts: 49
    Options
    Yay! I'm starting Insanity today as well because I will be traveling a lot over the next month and I don't want to have to worry about finding time for the gym while I'm on the road. This will be easy to do from my hotel room. I haven't done Insanity since I was in high school (which was almost 3 years ago), so I should be in for a rude awakening when I take the fit test later today.
  • latinpr
    latinpr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Been doing it for 3 weeks 3 days a week (life gets in the way). I'm not expecting as quick results but I tell you one thing. It is HARD but alot of fun.
  • curlyokie
    curlyokie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity today as well, did my fit test and took pictures and measurements. I am excited to see how I improve and progress over the next 60 days. So glad to see this group!
  • starlettspeed
    starlettspeed Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started today too! I'm so excited :) It is hard! But surprisingly I got through the first day better than I thought. I am looking to lose 60 pounds I am at 258 and I really want to get under 200. I've done it before...not insanity...but a personal trainer and I ate right. WATER WATER WATER....please make sure you guys are drinking water. I look forward to posting and hearing great results!
  • wrinklesmom
    Options
    Ironically...I started on 6/24 before seeing this board. i am so excited to make some permanent changes in my life. I look forward to seeing the amazing results for this group. Good luck everyone and push play!
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    While it is a very challenging DVD I think the hardest part is putting the disk in and hitting play. But today I not only did Insanity, I ran for 50 minutes and I sweat more then but it's also 100 degrees out lol.
  • drumrolltams
    Options
    I started insanity today! Man, that fitness test was tough... but I really feel like I wasn't pushing myself the way I should have. I'm so excited to use myfitnesspal with insanity. It's going to be such a great tool to help us keep track of our foods. LETS DO THIS!!!!
  • melissabonneau
    Options
    I am on week three of insanity! Boy is it hard, and a bit discouraged about the lack of weight loss, but I hear it is because I am gaining muscle. Good luck everyone, excited to have a group to be help accountable and refer questions to.:)
  • latinpr
    latinpr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have not lost nor gained weight but I am slowly getting my abs back. I also noticed my legs have gotten much much stronger. Use a tapemeasure and not the scale.
  • starlettspeed
    Options
    DAY 3 AND I WANT TO QUIT!!! OMG this stuff is hard! How did you guys do? Please add me as a friend...I need help to stay motivated and I will surely motivate you too....

Day 3 BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!! LOL
  • starlettspeed
    Options
    I agree...While I am gaining weight obviously muscle...My inches keep going down and my legs are looking awesome...

GOOD JOB!! keep up the good work :)
  • starlettspeed
    Options
    I have not lost nor gained weight but I am slowly getting my abs back. I also noticed my legs have gotten much much stronger. Use a tapemeasure and not the scale.

I agree...While I am gaining weight obviously muscle...My inches keep going down and my legs are looking awesome...

GOOD JOB!! keep up the good work :)
  • Shathim
    Shathim Posts: 1
    Options
    I will be re-starting Insanity for the umpteenth time on Monday 1 July. I could really use the support to keep me motivated and going. I hope to tone up and build some muscles.