My first 5k...

Options
traumacode3
traumacode3 Posts: 32 Member
This past weekend I completed my first 5k. While I didn't do as well as I would have liked, in the end I can say I completed it. The trail was up and down hills, through the woods, running on grass through a horse pasture, and running on some rocks which I took a slide on and got some nice abrasions on my elbow and knee. It wasn't the ideal type of course/terrain that I would have liked for my first 5k but I stayed the course and survived! I got this email from my personal trainer this morning which made me smile...

Just looked at the pictures of your race CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Any race big or small is a true accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself. I know I am proud of you!
Sometimes it takes a step in unfamiliar territory to show ourselves what we are really made of. Not giving up and finishing the race is truly a testimony to your dedication and will to never give up. I hope this brings a renewed sense of your goals on your journey.
Take care, and once again Congrats!

I will be running another 5k this coming weekend down at the beach. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the course is more runner friendly and that I can have a better time. I am also hoping that I can not come home with any more abrasions.

Replies