Progress Updates?

Options
PinkNinjaLaura
PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
How's everybody doing? I had kind of a rocky week (finished the 24 days and made some poor choices) but I'm ready to get back on track.

Replies

• crhalte
    crhalte Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I finished the cleanse part yesterday. I lost 4.5 lbs and 6.5 inches. Today is day one of the max phase. I was not perfect during the cleanse, but I wasn't horrible either.

I'm hoping to lose more during this part of the challenge.

What were the results of your challenge??
  • jsingley899
    jsingley899 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!

Last week was a little off for me to, but I just made it my goal to focus this week. I did a step class and some cardio today and I feel really good! I'm done with my challenge, and I'm using the Spark, Catalyst, Thermoplus, and Carb Ease.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I finished the cleanse part yesterday. I lost 4.5 lbs and 6.5 inches. Today is day one of the max phase. I was not perfect during the cleanse, but I wasn't horrible either.

I'm hoping to lose more during this part of the challenge.

What were the results of your challenge??

You're doing great! I lost 4.6 pounds during the cleanse phase, and I did follow it exactly. I didn't measure myself so don't know how I did on inches. Good luck with the max phase!
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm at 168 lb., and when I started this New Year, I was 219. Hope this is motivation for someone. I've been out of product for a couple of days, and waiting for my next shipment. I can definitely tell I don't have Spark, and can't wait to get more.
  • crhalte
    crhalte Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm at 168 lb., and when I started this New Year, I was 219. Hope this is motivation for someone. I've been out of product for a couple of days, and waiting for my next shipment. I can definitely tell I don't have Spark, and can't wait to get more.

Wow - Congratulations.

What all are you taking?

I finished my 24 dc and was disappointed in myself. I have started using the mac c hoping the appetite control will help (however I usually eat junk out of boredom (or just because it tastes good) not because I'm hungry) and I'm still using catalyst and thermoplus.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

I am obsessed with the Spark! When I started the 24 day challenge I gave up diet coke, and haven't let myself start drinking it again. I drink 2 Spark a day instead.
  • jsingley899
    Options
    So how's everyone's progress coming? So far I have been staying on track pretty good. I have been giving myself one cheat day a week, but it's not like the whole day, but rather one thing or meal. I'm going to my nieces wedding in two weeks so for this week no cheat day lol! Has anyone tried the pink lemonade spark? I have been wanting to try that one!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I'm mostly sticking to the same rules as the 24 day challenge, but with some flexibility built in. I feel like I've found a good balance that I can live with long-term. I'm eating healthier than I ever have and really feeling good. I'm surprised by how few cravings I have for foods I once considered essential. The only thing I still really struggle with is diet coke - man do I want a diet coke.

I haven't tried the pink lemonade Spark, but I did order the strawberry mango today. Has anybody tried that? I just ordered the packets so if I don't like it I'm not stuck with a whole canister of it. I like the fruit punch, grape & watermelon but haven't cared for the other flavors.
  • NewDad24
    NewDad24 Posts: 45
    Options
    I have tried all of the AdvoCare products except for the women's formula and that muscle fuel one that was sold out for a long time. I am delighted with every product I have tried.

I have tried all of the Spark flavors. I like them all. I have canisters of fruit punch and watermelon because I like those best. I used to drink soda a lot. It is the only sweet that I could not resist. Now, I refuse even to purchase soda for my guests. I do not want it in the house. I would not object too much to diet soda, if I could be certain of how it has been shipped and stored for so long before being purchased. I cannot be sure; so I object to diet soda too. I am now drinking a lot less spark than I thought I would some weeks ago. I was drinking Spark as a replacement for soda which I used to drink a lot.

Now, I mostly prefer plain water. I installed a reverse osmosis water filter. The installation process was better than following a workout plan for me. It was like four days of daily calisthenics, up and down under the sink, holding hands stretched above my head to make small incremental turns of the plumbing hardware. Thanks to the max-e formula, I had the energy. The muscle strength, post-workout formula, nighttime recovery, and other elite products greatly reduced muscle soreness from such a workout.

Now with the 15tds water, I use the Calcium Plus supplement to be sure the water doesn't leech the minerals from my bones. My wife takes a prescribed prenatal vitamin and mineral supplement. So we are fine with the tasty new water.

The problem I am having with the Spark is the caffeine. Drinking Spark too late, keeps me awake. I try not using the SleepWorks to sleep. I like the energy of the max-e formula. But max-e plus Spark is too much caffeine for me. In fact, max-e alone is, for me, too much caffeine when repeated day after day. So I alternate between max-e and max-3. The max-3 has some more Calcium Plus included, plus the Amplify AT is great from time to time. On my max-3 days, days when I am relaxing, I will down more than just one Spark drink in a day.

I find a time for using every AdvoCare product. I am not using that much on any particular day though. I have a pretty good idea of what nutrition I need and when I should take the extra stuff for wellness once in a while. I find I can curb appetite with many of the AdvoCare products. Hunger is mostly a demand from your body for nutrition. Adding just about any nutrient that is currently needed by your body, pretty well shuts down the hunger signals while the nutrition is being processed. But some nutrients are fat-soluble; so I take those with some fat in a meal or snack. The fatty acids in Omega Plex are fat soluble for example.

Oh, when using the elite protein line, be sure to get your tryptophan, because AdvoCare supplements do not have that except from natural sources. The chocolate snack has a lot of tryptophan as do the chocolate meal replacement shakes. The protein supplements will not help much without the tryptophan your body needs.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I do like the strawberry mango Spark. I just bought the packets in case I didn't care for it, but it's good. I drink 2 Spark a day - one before breakfast and one either before lunch or mid-afternoon. I don't dare drink it later in the day because I have issues with sleeping even without the caffeine. I didn't go back to drinking pop after doing the 24 day challenge, but I still miss diet coke. The Spark definitely helps replace that. Otherwise I just drink water or unsweetened tea.

I love the O2 Gold - I take that before I run and I just feel like I can breathe deeper. I also use the Nighttime Recovery, and I have the Rehydrate which I use somewhat selectively (like after my run if it's hot out). I take Catalyst and the ThermoPlus. I've tried the Max-C and Max-E but I find I like the Max-3 the best. I think the products are great. I'm eating healthier than I ever have in my life.
  • jsingley899
    Options
    I definitely want to try the O2 Gold for sure. I would like to see how it would affect my runs. I don't think I have tried the strawberry mango spark yet, but the fruit punch is still my number one favorite! I am not using an mns system currently, just the carb ease, thermoplus, and catalyst.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    I'm coming up on 90 days since doing my first 24 day challenge so I bought the stuff to do it again. I'm going to a wedding August 9 and then am doing a 5K on August 10 and possibly a second 5K on August 11 (a color dash so just a fun one), so my current plan is to start the challenge August 12. i already have Spark in the canisters (and I did not like the mandarin orange flavor) so I didn't buy the bundle, just the products I didn't already have on hand. I'm trying the peaches & cream herbal cleanse because a couple people on here said they liked that better than the citrus. The past few weeks I've gotten kind of lazy about following the guidelines so I'm ready to do the 24 day challenge and get myself on track again.
  • jsingley899
    Options
    Wow a 5k, that is awesome!!! I'm still having trouble getting past that 1 mile or 1.50 mile mark, but eventually I know I'll get there. At first it was really stressing me out, because I feel like I should be able to do the 5k by now, but I figure as long as I'm getting out there and doing something and making healthy choices, that is progress. I liked the citrus, I always mixed mine with sunny D, and it was really good. I have some of the peaches and cream, but I haven't tried it yet. I should probably do another cleanse soon, maybe in the next few weeks. I'm going to be semi off diet next week as I have family coming in, but I'm still going to try to make healthier choices where I can.