So stressed about size and weight gain

Options
Hi Ladies..... well I am 24 weeks and have officially put on 40 lbs! I am depressed about it! I can't believe all the hard work I did to lose the 65 lbs before getting pregnant is pretty much all gone out the window! I am swelling a lot already with this weather but I was depressed about being 30 lbs up last week and am literally up 10 lbs this week!!! I know some is water weight but I am just growing and growing and growing! Feeling super unattractive but still freaking starving all day long :(

Replies

• whittlelauraann
    Options
    Oh and I haven't updated my ticker recently but technically it is only like 20 lbs down from where I started when I had been down 65.... :(
  • 1DayMarathonRnner
    1DayMarathonRnner Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you are carrying a baby, growing a person. I am 33 weeks and 5 days, today, before getting pregnant I went from 360-250 lbs. Seeing the scale go up, and seeing my belly get bigger has been stressful but just imagine what holding your LO will be like. That has to be worth all the "not so great" feelings right now.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    There's no getting around it--it sucks.

It took me months of losing weight to get a body that felt like it could do cool stuff and look better. Now that body's been hijacked by a new little terrorist, and I won't be able to start intentional weight loss until a 6 weeks absolute minimum after the baby's born. Yay, the miracle of life. I'm hoping punching people who say "don't worry, you'll slim down when the baby learns to run" burns calories. Hate at advice for new moms cliches counts as cardio, right?
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Are you still counting calories and exercising? I'm 22 weeks and eating at maintenance. I walk 3 hours four days a week and swim 45-60 mins a week. When I'm up for it or have eaten too much I do more. I was also over 200lbs at the start of this pregnancy. I know that weeks 22 to 28 are also baby growth spurt territory, which may explain some of the 10lb in one week. The other thing you may want to try is occupying yourself to distract yourself from food - I spend a lot more time away from the kitchen because if I'm in there I won't stop eating either! Also, is there a chance of gestational diabetes? May be worth talking it through with your care provider. You can't go on gaining at that rate, it's not healthy for you or baby.