Dear JaneBShaw

Options
bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
I just joined a Crossfit box. Starting in July. Please go ahead and tell me what a mistake I'm making on this thread so I don't have to worry about your messaging me in private or anything like that.

Then go away. Thanks

Jeff

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If your experience is anything like mine, they'll do wonders for your technique. I'd like to think they're also going to do wonders for my physique goals, but it's still too early to know that for sure. So far, I'm doing a significant amount of work and starting to see a hint of actual progress (but it's still admittedly a little early to know for certain). Regardless, it certainly *feels* like I'm finally on the right track.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    If your experience is anything like mine, they'll do wonders for your technique. I'd like to think they're also going to do wonders for my physique goals, but it's still too early to know that for sure. So far, I'm doing a significant amount of work and starting to see a hint of actual progress (but it's still admittedly a little early to know for certain). Regardless, it certainly *feels* like I'm finally on the right track.

My husband had horrible squats (not even breaking parallel). I gave up trying to help. A few weeks at crossfit and he has improved significantly.
    After one of our first workouts where we worked on squatting technique he wanted to know why he was so sore and I wasn't when we both used to squat at the gym and he could squat more then.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I've blocked her. we should hear back from her when she signs on as a new user.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Thanks! At least she won't be hard to spot.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Ahh...now I won't get her logical and well-thought out reply to my response in that other thread.

:laugh:
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I figured she was blocked, this is entirely in jest. And yes, laughing AT her, not with her.

Just did a two day elements class to go over all the moves. I'd never done cleans, snatches, overhead squats or thrusters. Cleans I had some trouble with, I just couldn't get the timing down. Everything else the coach said my form was excellent so I'm happy with that. Big believer in form.

I've never done a pullup in my life so I'm looking forward to getting the first one in a few months and really looking forward to cardio boost I think I'm going to get.
  • georgie304
    georgie304 Posts: 143
    Options

Thank you!
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yeah...I got multiple PM from her with all sorts of reasons and links to why I should quit crossfit.

Not sure exactly what her beef is.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I've never had a run in with her... maybe she just knows not to mess with me - haha
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Yeah...I got multiple PM from her with all sorts of reasons and links to why I should quit crossfit.

Not sure exactly what her beef is.

Some people just pick a "mission" and feel it is their duty to tell you the truth as they see it.

I live right outside of Cambridge, MA. Hippie capital of the East Coast. Believe me, I know the type.
  • bushokie
    bushokie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I miss her already..not
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Boom!
  • Kmh45126
    Kmh45126 Posts: 21
    Options
    I got a PM from her telling me what I should and shouldn't advise or speak about on the boards. Who the f*** does she think she is?!? I told her how I felt then blocked her. I think she must have been that kid in school that was always chosen last for the team. She's got some sort of ax to grind, it'd be nice if she could just let it go.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I don't get the hate for crossfit, if it's not for someone then they don't have to do it. I'll support anyone doing any workout as long as it works for them. If crossfit isn't your thing that's fine just stop judging others for their workout. Anyone can injured doing any type or workout or exercise.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I've never had a run in with her... maybe she just knows not to mess with me - haha

I never have either. I was hoping I'd get a nasty note about how CF is going to ruin my life, steal my husband and get me fired from my job.

Oh well.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

I never have either. I was hoping I'd get a nasty note about how CF is going to ruin my life, steal my husband and get me fired from my job.

Oh well.

Pretty sure its Health_Gal reincarnated for the 9 billionth time. She denies it but the arguments she makes and the overall agenda are eerily similar.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

Oh well.

Pretty sure its Health_Gal reincarnated for the 9 billionth time. She denies it but the arguments she makes and the overall agenda are eerily similar.

She never actually denied it anytime I've seen. And linked the same article.
  • bostonwolf
    Options

Oh well.

I just have to wonder about how broken someone is who obsesses that much about Crossfit on a freaking message board.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Oh well.

This^

I've seen no denials and plenty of reasonable places to make them.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Oh well.

I could've sworn when I flat out said, "Health_Gal, is that you?" that a couple posts later she said no, but now I can't find the link. But anyway, it has to be her. I think this is her third or fourth account since I've been on MFP. Ridiculous.