Do you lose or gain weight during Ramadan ?

Options
Orient_Charm
Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
For me I gain about 2 kg, because I like sweet so much on breakfasting ........
I really don't know how to manage my MFP life style during Ramadan.

Any suggestions/Comments are welcomed...

Replies

• talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Last Ramdan, I gained 2kg as well! Unfortunately, my hate my bad habit during Ramadan! bcoz we eat unhealthy beside the desserts after our "Iftar" meal which I'm craazy abt! since I wanna satisfy my sweet tooth LOL!

I will try my best to control my food portion, even if the food is unhealthy! try to use my AirFryer for any fried food like (Sambosa, Kabab, Spring roll...etc.). For dessert I'm not sure, but I will try my best to control this as well and eat a very small portion!!

Workout still not decided yet! but hopefully after "Taraweh" gonna do weightlifting plus cardio. But will give it a try for some days to do Cardio before "Iftar" and weightlifting after "Taraweh" (3-4 times a week).

Good luck and may Allah let us fast this Ramadan and forgive us for our mistakes.

Talal :)
  • Shadenkassar
    Shadenkassar Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Usually i loose weight during Ramadan, especially toward the end of it. However, last ramadan was the only ramadan i gained weight. I think its because i stayed up all night and slept in the day time. Since Ramadan came in the summer, me and my kids were off school, so i slept during the day and woke up all night. This is exactly why i didn't not loose weight. even though i exercised almost every night, and kept track of my food consumption. I guess this ramadan too i will stay up all night and sleep during the day, even if i don't loose weight. I will try not to gain. It seems like eating desert in ramadan is disastrous, so i will try my best to stay away from it. I know i will eat enough sweets during Eid.
  • ShereeseMuhammad
    ShereeseMuhammad Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I definitely lose weight during Ramadan. I lost 7 pounds last year and 10 pounds the year before. I found that I would end up NOT eating alot of days because all I really wanted to do was DRINK WATER! So I ended up filling up on water...cooking for my children and taking 3 bits then falling to sleep. lol Now of course I gained it right back after Ramadan because I went back to my normal eating schedule. This year I will really pace myself and be sure to try to get my vitamins in and eat more when we break fast.
  • icandowhateveriputmymindto
    Options
    I usually gain weight. And it's not that we eat a lot of sweets or anything, but I eat A TON before and after fasting! This year I'm going to try to eat MUCH less and it'll probably help me lose weight inshallah!

Good luck this Ramadan guys!
  • rori_74
    rori_74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I usually gain weight , i love sweets after "Iftar" but planning to change this , this Ramadan .
  • WannaDizzolve
    WannaDizzolve Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    As this is my first Ramadan, I am hoping to lose at least a couple of pounds, Inshallah. We'll see how that goes, lol. I'm learning to cook Moroccan on the internet and am creating lots of recipes that feature honey and dates.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    i usually loose weight. i did not fast last year bc i was preggos, but the year b4 that i lost 14lbs. i just try to get in at least 1200 cal during ramadan. i usually try to eat at least 5 to 600 in the morning and the same at night.
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I actually gain Weight during Ramadan, nmost of the time ! Last ramadan I gained 8 kgs, and it led me to going on this weightloss journey ! I hope I don't gain this ramadan, I'll try and get 1200 cals everyday !
  • rebecca_c
    rebecca_c Posts: 12
    Options
    This will be my 3rd Ramadan as a muslimah and i've lost every year. Last year I think about 20 pounds. Mostly because i'm just so THIRSTY by the end of the day, I just end up drinking a ton of water. I try to supplement with nutrition shakes and things so I'm at least getting some calories and nutrients. Inshallah everyone has a blessed ramadan this year ^_^
  • beto90
    beto90 Posts: 1
    Options
    Last ramadan i lost weight but it wasnt healthy i gained it all back with extra more after ramadan .
    This time im gonna focus on my health and the goal of fasting which is to be more close to god readin quran and duaz and tasbee7 and memorizing some of the quran and feel the one's in need and be grateful .
    For those who need mtivation on eating habit on ramadan i suggest downloading nd reading about the luqaimat by doctor mohamed el hashmi he encourage you to healthy habit by the sunnah way of the prophet mohamed his ramadan plan sounds satisfying
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Today is day 5 of fasting and I have lost 5.7 pounds already. :noway: I am logging my food and getting in at least 1200 calories. I am eating fatoosh (salad) and soup before the main meal so that I am not overeating on the heavy stuff. Truthfully, after a few bites I get full but I am trying to at least get my 1200 calories in so that I am not feeling weak. For dessert, I have something small (a trader joe coffee dunker, a chocolate square, just something to satisfy the sweet tooth). I think a lot of what I lost was water weight that I had gained the previous 2 weeks before I started fasting.

Ramadan Kareem, all.