Welcome message! (Please read!!)

Options
SillaWinchester
SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say thank you sooo much for joining! I feel like we're a great support group who are about to get some serious business done!!

For now, feel free to post your goals! The first official weigh in will be next Sunday (6/30/13), and the first official challenge will be the Monday after that (7/1/13). We will weigh in every Sunday and get new challenges every Monday.

Also, feel free to share your recipes, workouts, rants, or motivation in the appropriate threads at any time! Sharing is caring as they say, and I want this group to be based on sharing (and support, of course!)

Don't worry about time differences either. Post when you can!!

Thoughts, questions, comments, suggestions? POST HERE! :)

Thank you and have an awesome time here everyone!

- Prescilla :)

Replies

• Hetailin
    Hetailin Posts: 27
    Options
    mfp is such a huge community of people, so im glad that you created this group for like-minded 25&under-year olds :p And i really like the idea of weighing in every week!
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I'm really excited to get this started! I think a group of people around my age will be very supportive.

By the way, my name is Alison, and I am currently a graduate student pursuing a PhD and working a part-time job teaching dance. Life can get busy, but for the first time ever, I'm making myself a priority :)
  • Dejirei
    Dejirei Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo excited for this group! Just to introduce myself, my name is Desiree! My main goal is to get down to 105 by my first day back at school, and then ultimately to be down to 100 by the fall. I know these goals sound disgustingly low, but I'm super short (5'0" pride aha) so they're normal, reasonable weights for my height. I'm so excited to get to know other group members and have us all go on this fitness journey together! xx
  • JCochran0912
    Options
    Hi!

Im completely new at this whole thing. My doctor recommended this sight and soo far I think I like it. Ive always been on the bigger side. My current weight loss goal is to lose 15 pounds before Sept. My husband and I are wanting to get pregnant and with me being over weight my doctor wants me to lose a total of 25 pounds within 6 months. Ive lost 10 since February. Im having a hard time with my eating and being motivated to exercise. Its basically im too tired when I get home from work or I just dnt want to.. Any advise on motivation?? (:
  • katieelouisee22
    Options
    Hi
    I'm katie and wanting to loose 8lb. I'm currently 10 stone and wanting to be 9st 6 hopefully by August/September time.
    I'm also a teen mum and would like to tone my stomach up but unsure whether I have fat around my abdomen or loose skin.
    I'm completely new to all of this and haven't been any good with eating healthy or exercise always put it down to been a teenager but think that's just me making excuses so I'm hoping this will give me some motivation.
  • itgonrain
    itgonrain Posts: 6
    Options
    Just to introduce myself:
    Hi, my name is Julia :smile:
    I'm currently about 137 pounds and I'm 5'5". I've already lost 28 pounds but I'm hoping to lose 7 more. MFP has really helped me lose weight and keep me on track with diet and exercise and hopefully it's been helping you guys too! I'm really excited to be going through this with the help of such supportive people such as yourselves. :wink:
    Good luck, guys!
  • Aejoso
    Aejoso Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amanda.
    I currently weigh about 150 pounds. I've lost about 33 so far.
    My goal weight is about 140-145, but I'm 5'11". I really want to reach my goal by the time I go back to school in the fall.
    I'm really excited to have found this group, I love talking to supportive people with similar goals.
  • ReadynWillin
    ReadynWillin Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm really excited to get this started! I think a group of people around my age will be very supportive.

By the way, my name is Alison, and I am currently a graduate student pursuing a PhD and working a part-time job teaching dance. Life can get busy, but for the first time ever, I'm making myself a priority :)

Wow PhD already! What's it gonna be in, if you don't mind saying?