frustrated!!need to vent....

Options
NewAngel35
NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
I'm so frustrated at the moment...need to give you some background.I had an ED from 14-21.somehow I came out of it and for ten years have managed to keep my weight stable around 120-124lbs.even after two children I have kept fit and ate..not great bt still ate!!!.then I got a period of depression and my doc puts me on mirtazipine...well what a nightmare ..I've balloon...and not nice fat like a bloaty weird kind of fat.I've only just discovered mirtazipine is used as an appetite stimulant...I tried exercising ..eating 1200..nothing would budge this weight...so obviously old habits start to cone back.with an increased appetite I know constantly crave and am back in a full on binge purge cycle.I'm mad at my doc.I'm so unhappy.the depression has ended up making me fat!which makes me more depressed....I'm gutted meD back in full swing after so long.need to stop these meds...
needed to get thatout

Replies

• Kristineevans1
    Kristineevans1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sorry your struggling hun, can you speak to your doctor about it, I know your mad at them but maybe there is something they can do to help, like change your meds to start, I'm on citalopram and not had medication related weight problems on that, there are so many different types you could try? The binge purge cycle is terrible but it can be broken, eating a good amour regularly ( I know you will be reluctant as you want to lose weight but it will help) finding a good distraction or trying to get out of the house after meals can help too. Definitely speak to your gp though they are the best ones to help x
  • SmallestGoal
    SmallestGoal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Your doctor should have warned you about that, oh gosh. Is that the first antidepressant you've taken? I wonder why he chose that; in my (expansive) experience, we generally start on much milder meds. See if you respond to the basics before pulling out the heavy duty stuff with the crazy side effects, you know?

Are you still on mirtazipine? Have you talked to your doctor about it? Straight up, it may be near-impossible to move the weight if you're still on it. Since it sounds like you're not satisfied with the level of management of your depression anyway, I'd advocate a switch. Prozac is actually approved to treat bulimia as well as depression -- might be worth a try?
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    maybe should of mentioned I've been on anti d s for 15 years...prozac to zoloft to mirtazipine.my doc is nownow tapering me of mirtaz and back onto prozac...
    I've changed docs now...so mad at the last one.
    its not an easy med to get off either ....nightmare......can't stop craving and binging I haven't been like this for years
  • Kristineevans1
    Kristineevans1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I suppose the only thing you can hold on to the fact that it won't last forever, hopefully once your meds settle the food will too. Maybe try and incorporate a wide variety of foods in your diet so nothing is off limit to try and help the binging x