Tap, tap, tap...is this think on?

Options
Is there anyone still around?

I actually thought this diet would be my answer to maintenance. I'm pretty confident that I can lose the rest of the weight on CTL, but I'm really worried about maintenance. I really like low-carb, but I can't do it long-term. I love how this diet allows me to have a few and knowing that I can have what I want "later" as opposed to "never" really helps psychologically. But I'm sensing that many are having trouble sticking with it and maybe this isn't realistic for real life maintenance?

Replies

• Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    Okay... nobody is here.
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    Nobody is here...
  • densa56
    densa56 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Circa....

Seems we hit a dead place on this board. I have also checked back to see if anything "new" has been posted and it appears to be "the same-o, same-o" so I did not bother to post.. if i know you will be around, I will try to post every few days if not more.

I have not been doing CTL long enough to know whether or not it will work for me long term. This is my 3rd week and the 1st week, I lost 4.8 lbs, the second week only 0.8 lbs. Disappointing. I'm hoping the 2nd week was the standard "bad" week on every diet. Hopefully the 3rd week will be a lot better.

How many weeks have you been doing CTL? Have you had successful loses every week? I, too, enjoy this weekly plan. I like the ability to have carbs every other day. I probably need to limit my calories more on Sunday...usually a little TOO high that day.
    Are you close to maintenance?
  • densa56
    Options
    Think I need to find a new place to hang out...this board is DEAD!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I stop in from time to time. I have fallen off the carb cycling wagon. Hope to get back on soon.
  • densa56
    Options
    Circa and Marbles
    You are both doing FABULOUS! Keep it up. I am only down 7 since starting this program. Concerned about this coming week - slingshot week. Not sure how it will work out, IF it will work out. Starting Monday with slingshot. Did either of you do slingshot weeks? Were they successful?
  • Circapaleo
    Options
    I didn't because I had the old book and I don't remember it being mentioned. I actually started on a Tuesday because I didn't want to wait a whole week to start.
  • densa56
    Options
    I thought that is the book I got from the library - the 1st CTL. Slingshot week was in chapter 11, only about 3 pages long in its entirety. I started this program on a Monday (6/10) so tomorrow officially starts my 4th week (slingshot). Still very skeptical and unsure of how the results will turn out.

Did you lose all your weight on this program? If not, how did you lose 39 lbs???? How long did it take?

Did you restart CTL on Tuesday? How are you doing so far? How long were you on it before, if this is what you did? Why did you take a break from it? Is it unsustainable for long periods of time? Sorry, so many questions...I'm just really curious if this can be a life long plan.

Good luck with the rest of your week. We'll stay connected to motivate each other with progress notes...hopefully! :happy:
  • odirish
    odirish Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Mary Ann. I am going to but Chris's latest book. I just haven't found it yet. I am a regular in the gym, with strength training 3xs a week and either cardio intervals, or walking/jogging a trail near my house twice a week. I started 3 months ago and have only lost 6 lbs. I am losing inches, but not fast enough for me :) I hope this thread gets more active. I'm anxious to hear of anyones results.

Mary Ann
  • jenny98mom
    Options
    I'm supposed to have a slingshot week this week, but I've been losing so consistently, I'm hesitant to change what's been working, you know? I lost 4 pounds week one, 1.5 week 2 and 2 pounds this week - 7.5 total, which is huge for me! I feel like I have found the keys to the kingdom with this plan, and feel like it's totally doable in the long term.

Curious as to what others experienced if they did the slingshot week. Maybe I'll wait until things slow down and then do it? I don't know!

Jenny
  • densa56
    Options
    Jenny,

I am doing a slingshot week this week. Today was my first day.
    1st week - I lost 4.8 lbs
    2nd week - I lost 0.8 lbs
    3rd week - I lost 1.0 lbs
    Total so far 6.6 lbs

I, too, am skeptical of this week since I did fairly well so far. Trying it anyway. I'll let you know how this works out and you let me know if you continue to lose weight without the slingshot week. I can always change it up for next month if necessary.

Dianne