Any good places to run / walk in Nottingham?

Options
squankmuffin
squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
Hi everyone. Anyone know of some good places to run / jog / walk in Nottingham?

The Arboretum seems to be open quite early (officially it opens at 8, but it has been open at 7).

Anywhere else you know of?

Replies

• rikkian
    rikkian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Necro inbound....

Woodthorpe Grange is a nice walk/jog it even has 2 pre plotted courses. Unlimited free parking. Car park gates close at 9pm in the summer but pedestrian gates open 24/7

If you willing to go outside the city Burnt Stump country park is a great walk with a pub on hand for food/refreshments at the end of the walk.
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Woodthorpe Grange is quite near to me and I never knew it was there! Silly me!

Burnt Stump is Papplewick way, right? Think I did a craft fair there once. Did seem nice.

I'm doing a walk around the embankment tomorrow. Don't spend nearly enough time there considering my Scout group is in West Bridgford.
  • rikkian
    rikkian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes Burnt Stump is Papplewick way, just next to the police HQ.

Embankment sounds like it would be fun.

I was looking for long walks in and around the city and the Erewash Valley trail looks interesting, over 30 miles of walk in a loop. I may give it a try in a week or two and report back.
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was going to say Embankment too, if you fancy a venture out; Clumber around the lake is a nice run; especially on a summer evening not as many people around too
  • spg71
    spg71 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Colwick Park is not so bad, and the Arboretum is probably the nicest park in Nottingham really well looked after a hidden gem but i guess would only take 20mins if that to run around it.

Forest Recground, is not so bad, used to do a little hill training there when i was playing hockey. up and down up and down, must have been mental.
  • Andy_83
    Andy_83 Posts: 270
    Options
    Wollerton Park is nice in summer. Or if you're in W. Bridgeford anyway Ruddington Park isn't a million miles away.