What is your warm up?

Options
islandgirl76_
islandgirl76_ Posts: 86 Member
I have been biking, jumping rope or doing some light to medium kettlebells. What is your warmup for SL 5x5?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I do 10 minutes on the arc trainer to get my blood flowing, and then I start with warm up sets from the bar on everything except for rows and deadlifts. Rows, I skip warmups all together because it's last, and deads I start my warmups at 95lbs. I go from my warm-up starts with 5 reps, then increase my weight, 3 reps, increase my weight, 3 reps, and then working sets. Sometimes, like for deads where I'm moving a lot of weight, I'll have more warmup sets.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I warm up with a few sets of lighter weights. First set just the bar, second set with a little weight added, third set with a little more. The first few weeks when I was just using the bar or a little bit over, I'd start with body weight moves or lighter dumbbells.
  • pintobean
    pintobean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just created my dynamic warm up sheet for SL. It is all bodyweight and to make sure certain body parts are activated especially, glutes. I also added couple of mobility work in the mix. For example, fire hydrants, glute bridges, prisoner squats, single leg bridges, x band walk, wall slides etc. to name a few. No more than 1 set and 8-10 reps...as the idea is not to fatigue the muscles but to get them activated. It shouldn't take me more than 10 mins to do them.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Before I lift I just do some VERY light stretching and warmup sets with light weight. That's it.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    Running up the stairs to the gym and warm up sets...
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I row for a km and then start with warm-up sets. I do it first thing in the morning and rowing seems to work well at waking up and warming up my whole body (it's the middle of winter here). I also do it before work, so don't have a lot of time to spare. Also, it's how my PTs have warmed me up, so I just go with it because I don't have to think.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I use the rowing machine.
  • jogirlruns
    jogirlruns Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I row, too - for 5-10 minutes. 1-2 kms. Sometimes I walk to the gym. Then I do warm-up sets at lower weights as mentioned up thread.

jg
  • inkysmurf
    inkysmurf Posts: 168
    Options
    I normally walk my dog for an hour and then come in and start straight away...
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I normally walk 15-20 min. to the gym and then start with the empty bar and add weight as I work my way up. I use 5 rep each. If I don´t walk, I use 5-10 min. on the stationary bike.
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I do this:
    http://www.girlsgonestrong.com/dynamic-warm-up-a-10-minute-pre-workout-routine-for-women/

I used to just do bodyweight movements mimicking the lifts, but I find this warmup improves my overall performance and helps my head get in the game.