back after 2nd baby, losing it again! friends???

Options
emmamc252
emmamc252 Posts: 56 Member
Hi, I'm re-joining MFP after having my baby boy who is now 3 weeks old. I had a C-section so no exercising for a few more weeks, and I think I will have to introduce that slowly as I had a difficult pregnancy (on bed-rest from 22 weeks! although bedrest with a 1 year old at home is an interesting concept!) and so am totally out of the whole fitness thing.
Not really decided what I am going to do, used to go to the gym but with 2 kids I just can't see how I am going to fit that in. I'm a useless runner but thinking that might be the only way to go!!!
Anyway, anyone who would like to be friends with me and we can support each other please add me! MFP worked really well for me last time, and I had more to lose as I started my pregnancy much bigger! I hope I can help some of you and we can all achieve our goals together!

Replies

• stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats! I can't imagine bedrest with another little one a home... that's crazy! I'm trying to get motivated again after my second baby (almost a year now!) and a hip surgery in late Feb... just now getting the okay from my Physcial Thereapist to run/ walk and I'm trying to get back into daily logging and workouts. Luckily I only have about 10 lbs to lose, but those tend to be the stubborn ones!
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I just had my son on 5/2 and am starting over again too. I'd love to be friends to give/get support. I can't imagine having been on bed rest but feel the same when it comes to exercise. I don't really know how I'm going to manage but I'm going to try!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I had my son on 5/23. I'd lost 82 lbs (not counting initial postpartum loss) after my older son was born in January 2011. It took me about a year, and I gained a crapload again with this pregnancy, I think even more than last time. I hadn't hit goal yet, so between losing pregnancy gain and then hitting goal I have a long way to go! Feel free to add me if you like; I log in daily and started back logging this past week with allowances for BFing. I plan to get back to workouts ASAP!
  • TheJamLady
    TheJamLady Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I had my third, our daughter on 5/10. I just started back to mild workouts this week. I'm finding with three I'm not getting workouts in ever day-but trying to do some when I can. Walking, yoga and calisthenics are where I'm starting.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Just had our 3rd baby 3 weeks ago today, and would love some more postpartum friends!!! I gained about 28-30lbs with this baby. Lost 20lbs right away, and still have about 23lbs to go before to get down to my ultimate goal weight. Add me!
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi! My girl will be 3 weeks on Saturday..... Add me :)
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Add me. Just had by 2nd 2 weeks ago. I gained a bunch of weight and still have 20lbs to go to get back to pre-pregnancy weight. I log daily and will be back at exercising soon!
  • graycalico
    graycalico Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I had my 3rd via section on May 26th. I had an abruption at 33 weeks so she just came home this week from the nicu. We are pretty close to the same start/end weight goals too. I'm thinking about doing a couch to 5k program when I'm able to start working out. I've been walking a bit so far.
  • etmeum
    etmeum Posts: 23
    Options
    Had my second baby 2 months ago. Now, slowly back to exercising. It has been an emotional recovery. Sometimes up and down. Add me and let's support each other!
  • shannon8523
    shannon8523 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you all as well, just had my second baby boy on May 30th after a high risk pregnancy. Could use some other post partum friends! Feel free to add me :)
  • blueeyes25s
    blueeyes25s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will add you too! I could not imagine being on bed rest either.
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi! I had my second baby in April. My son was born in August 2011. I found out I was expecting my daughter the same day I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Now I'm starting all over again, too.
  • gee_gees
    gee_gees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me. Getting back to MFP after a year of hiatus. Gave birth to a pretty, sweetest baby girl on April 30th. Busy with a 2 nd baby, but no excuse to not get back on track. I will need some support and I will help other out too. Let's do this!
  • meluc
    meluc Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hi All!, I had second baby April 13th. Before getting pregnant I had lost 33 lbs using MFP and was 9 lbs away from my goal weight.

I am now 26 lbs down. I have 12 lbs to go to get to pre-pregnancy weight then another 9 to get to my ultimate goal weight!!!

21 lbs total to go and I've been stuck on a plateau for almost a month now :(

ADD ME!! :)
  • Aiiryfairy
    Aiiryfairy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :) I'm still trying to lose the weight after having my second baby in October. Feel free to add me if you want :)
  • MermaidMY
    MermaidMY Posts: 8
    Options
    After my daughter was born it took me 2 years to get back in shape. My son was born 7 weeks ago and I am trying to get fit a bit faster without sacrificing BFing. I would love more friends, so please add me and introduce yourself. :)
  • sinisterspace
    sinisterspace Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HEY! Congratulations to you... and everyone really!!!!! :)

I can use some support too! First time Mom here, baby is a month old now and I'm a newly stay at home person as well. TALK ABOUT A CHANGE!!!! I go to school online, but I'm still out for the summer so any jump start on a program or motivation before school starts would be stellar.... Since needless to say I could seriously lose the pounds I gained from pregnancy as well as the extra pounds I was trying to lose before pregnancy, which leaves me at around 50 to go! EESH! I am only breastfeeding so I'm not sure how easy it is going to be to lose weight and eat enough to keep up a milk supply!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    There are some nice double Jogging strollers if you can afford them. I found a good deal at a local twin sale after having my twins.
    I'm afraid that was about the only way i got anything done after having them.
  • emkohler77
    emkohler77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there Moms- I am 6 weeks PP with my second, and logging in here for the first time in months. I need all the support and friends I can get, so I'll be adding a bunch of you. I lost 40 pounds before I got pregnant again, and I've regained more than I had hoped. I am going to be working up to more exercise over the next few weeks, but I really need to log my food again. Anything to make me less likely to reach for that brownie or whatever dessert.