Goals!

Options
SillaWinchester
SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
We all have them. They drive us to get where we need to be! Here's where you can share all your goals!

Replies

• Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! So, like most people, my goal is to lose weight. In December 2012, I weighed in at 228 lbs. As of yesterday, I weigh 217 lbs. Not much of a loss up until now, but I haven't been 100% committed until recently.

My goals:
    - Get to my goal weight of 140 lbs (Although I would also be happy to finally be at any healthy weight)
    - Tone up my arms, legs and butt!
    - Flatten up this stomach of mine.
    - To permanently change my eating habits to one that is more healthy (I still indulge sometimes, but my goal is to keep it at a minimum and not go back to that everyday overeating).
    - To have a better control over myself when it comes to food.
  • lola0322
    lola0322 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

After having my daughter in january I left the hospital at 147 (post c-section). Today I currently weigh 129 lbs and I'm on a mission to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 118 lbs.

I also would like to get my toned stomach back and believe it or not I'm starting to see some results

I would also like to tone my arms, legs, and butt

I want to be healthy and fit overall and not just be small and unhealthy

Good Luck to everyone!
  • elispeli
    elispeli Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a music performance major and I'm about to set foot into the big-city industry. Being more fit will help my vocal strength and range, and will also make me more favorable as an employable vocalist.

I've been overweight almost all my life. I've always been the 'big friend' in my group and it's gotten old. It's my time to shine!
    I am usually around 160 lbs. Currently at 170. By the end of August, I want to be at 120.
    It's a huge goal, I know. BUT...
    But I can do it!
    I can do it and you all are coming along with me!

We're young and starting out, this right here right now is the time for us to grab life by the reigns and take charge! Let's go team!
  • dpzito
    dpzito Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

My name is Danielle and I am a Music Education major going into my senior year! I am 21 years old, and I am really trying to get back into the shape I was in before college. I used to be a very competitive swimmer in high school and weighed 135. My goal is to get down to 145 lbs.

My height in 5' 10".
    My current weight is 169.
    I would like to reach my weight goal by the end of this next fall semester (December 2013)--right before student teaching!

I look forward to keeping up with this group so that we can all motivate each other! A good support group always helps!
  • ReadynWillin
    ReadynWillin Posts: 104
    Options
    Age 22
    Height 5'5"
    Starting weight: 260
    Current weight: 240
    Desired weight: 130

Long Term Goals:
    Lose 110 pounds
    Incorporate at least 2 servings of vegetables into every meal
    Incorporate at least 2 full body muscular exercise routines into every week
    Do all that in order to have better blood chemistry and a stronger, healthier heart

Short Term Goals:
    Focus on losing 10 pounds at a time and keep it off
    Try healthy recipes involving fibrous veggies
    Fit into at least size 16 jeans

This Week's To-Do List:
    Develop a muscular workout routine
    Buy exercise shorts--because it's far too hot out to be working this hard in pants lol
  • lilcutemonkees
    lilcutemonkees Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,
    My goals are to be fit and healthy, as well as getting my body fat % down. Currently at around the 140lb mark but pretty much all my fat lies on my stomach. I know it's the last to go but is driving me insane! Would love to be under 130lbs but I'm not TOO bothered about the scale.
  • rhiannon737
    rhiannon737 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    hiya everyone,

my names Rhiannon and I'm planning on losing 60lbs overall but dont really have a set time rate, but fingers crossed by this time next year! I'm focusing on becoming fitter and healthier as well as losing the weight and cant wait to show everyone how different i'm going to look even just by september for the next year of sixth form :)

Good luck everyone!
  • CarmenEmma88
    CarmenEmma88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

This is a mission for me to get back into working out six days a week and eating clean and healthy. I am coming up on working a desk job and have to get my mind sorted to make this a priority! I am glad that there are so many like minded indiviiduals who want to lose weight, get toned and get healthy!

Carmen
  • fullmetalarchtype
    Options
    hey everyone,
    my goals are not to lose weight but to lower my body fat as low as possible
    -height 6'2"
    -wt 253
    i would like to lose enough weight to get my body fat under 13%
    if i do things right then my gaol weight should be 240 lbs but i would like to get bigger and not just shrink down
  • EnsleyFaron
    Options
    Hi Everyone :)
    I'm currently 18 and starting college within the next two months. I'm leaving home and going all the way across country to New York and I really want to start this new experience with the most confidence possible. I currently weight 170lbs and my current goal is to be between 145-147lbs by August 19th. I know it'll be difficult and take a lot of focus and concentration but I honestly can't think of anything the is more important than me getting healthy.

I'm hoping to get to get to know some of you on here and we can help support each other on our journeys!
  • taylorfriedchicken
    taylorfriedchicken Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

After a 3 year hiatus, I am back on myfitnesspal and ready to make my goals stick. After an amazing 5 months, I lost 35 pounds and went from a size 14 US jeans to a tight 5/6 jeans. You guessed it! The reason I am back is because I am back at a size 12 (technically). For many people, the summer is a time to show off that bod but for me, this summer will be my training period of getting back into shape. FYI, I am currently writing this while eating an original glazed Krispy Kreme donut (a last hoo-rah if you will).

I am visiting family at the end of August and I plan on losing at least 1 pants size before then and my overall goal is to be a healthy size 8.

I do not know my actual weight since I had an eating disorder and my dr advised me to get rid of the scale. From this point on, it's all about inches and how I look and feel in my clothes.

I plan on making this a life goal and although I may kick my *kitten* more so in the beginning, I hope to make this a long term change rather than just consuming 800 cals a day and 2 hour cardio sessions.

This time it's less about crazy rules and more about making the right/smarter choices (with a few indulgences here and there).

Thanks again,

T
  • AmeliaJ92
    AmeliaJ92 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Amy, and I am trying to lose 50 pounds. I would prefer to reach my goal by January since I want to study abroad next spring. If I do study abroad, I want to look my best for all the photos I will be taking. I also just really would like to get healthier so I can avoid future health problems and have more energy. I am so excited to have found this group and can't wait to get down to business (to defeat the Huns?)!
  • kellilitza7
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm Kelli. I'm a mom of two. My son just turned 3 and my daughter is 14 weeks. I'm on here because I want to start feeling great about myself again and to set an example for my children to look up to. I am currently at 224 with my lowest ever being at 144 just out of Coast Guard boot camp. My goal weight is 130. That would put me right in the middle of the healthy range as I am 5'5".

I would love to make this happen by Mid January or Early February of next year so I can start trying on wedding dresses. My husband and I never had a ceremony when we got married and since it will be our fifth anniversary in March, we want to have one. Of course I want to be in the best shape possible for the big day!

Can't wait to share encouragement with you all!
  • getsuyoubi
    getsuyoubi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am glad to find a peer group. I am on MFP since April and started in a Biggest Loser Challenge, but my Journey started last year, while I was always wanting to lose weight but never so much succeeding as now.

I am 5"2 or 159cm and a student. I started at over 200lbs or at about 90kg, I dont know because before my first weigh in I already must have lost weight. I started in October 2012 with 88.7kg or 196 lbs. I have not visited the Gym but worked out in my dorm room nearly every day, starting with 10 min, now 1 hour and a major break after disease and depression for two months recently.

Right now, I hit a major goal, I am at 139.1 and my BMI just dropped below 25. My goal is 121 lbs or 55kg and my ideal body has a BMI of 21 and a body fat between 25 and 20.

I am doing Jillian Michaels again and cycling, other than that clean eating is the key, I think.

I hope we can ignite each other! Feel free to add me, but I am not logging my food and exercises on MFP because I use an excel sheet with my food and tracking of burned kcal shows that I usually burn half of the common estimate...

Getsuyoubi
  • Aejoso
    Aejoso Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, and a junior in college. I've always been at the upper edge of a healthy weight range.
    I hit my highest weight of 185 last spring, I was wearing a US size 12 pants. In December I started running and thinking about getting in shape, so far I've lost about 33 pounds. Last week I bought some size 6 pants!

I still want to lose about ten more which would put me at about 143, but I'm less concerned with a scale now because I'm trying to build muscle as well.

oh, and I'm 5'11". Sometimes I forget what goal weights are appropriate for different heights. When i see a goal weight of 115 my first reaction is "you'd be a skeleten!" but then I remember that I'm just a giant:) haha

I work out five days a week for about an hour. I try to run about 3 miles and then do some strength training.
    My other focus has been my water intake. I've found that it's much easier to work out when I've had the right amount of water that day.
  • katieelouisee22
    Options
    I'm 17 and weigh 138lb (9st12) I would like to loose another 7-8lb and weigh 9st4/9st5. I'm 5ft 6.5 so this is my average weight.
    I'd also like to strengthen my core and tone up as I am a young mum. I had my daughter at 14, I know I was young dont judge. Anyhow since having my daughter I just have a pouch of sagging skin/ fat that won't budge. I'd like to tone this is up and feel confident in a bikini instead of having to feel ashamed of my body! I'd also like to strengthen and tone up my legs and butt and become fitter and healthier.
  • Hetailin
    Hetailin Posts: 27
    Options
    Hello! I'm Taylor. I'm 21 and 5'7". I've struggled with my weight since middle school. I kept a pretty stable weight through high school, but since starting college I gained and lost a lot of weight and I'm looking to lose another 20 lbs. My goal is to weigh around 125 lbs. My heaviest weight was 178 lbs about 2 years ago And now I weigh 145 lbs. In middle school I was 5'7" and 130 lbs so I want to get back to a similar weight. More importantly than losing weight, I'm trying to get toned and I want to eat clean. Changing my eating habits is the hardest because I'm an emotional eater. Hopefully this group will help keep me on track though~
  • Hetailin
    Hetailin Posts: 27
    Options
    water is really important :)
  • ReadynWillin
    ReadynWillin Posts: 104
    Options
    get down to business (to defeat the Huns?)!

Favorite Disney movie song hands down lol
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 25, 6' and currently looking to lose 40 lbs. I've lost 10 lbs already, but it has taken me three months because I haven't been strict with myself like I know I can. I'm looking to make better progress this summer. I want to be outside as much as possible! I've totally revamped my diet as well. I am focusing on superfoods, meats, fruits and veggies that have a positive impact on my body! In the past I've been kind of obsessed with losing 2 lbs per week so I would always restrict my calories to 1,200. This time I'm increasing it to 1,400 because otherwise I really have a problem with binging when I'm hungry. So far, so good! Can't wait to get to know everybody here! Good luck you guys!