A few questions.

Options
SillaWinchester
SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
Hey guys!

Today I want to ask you all a few questions that will help me get to know you and your journey a bit better. I will read all your answers and incorporate them into the challenges. Please answer as many and as best as you can.

1. What part of your body are you most self conscience over? (Mine would be my arms. They are not toned and not attractive. I deny the purchase of adorable tops and dresses all because I don't like my arms. They are what I want to work on and see the most progress through.)

2. What is your worst non-health promoting habit? (Mine would be not drinking ANY water.)

3. On average, how many calories do you burn a day? (For me, around 300.)

4. What non-healthy items do you want to eat when you have a snack attack? (Mine snack attack craving would be ice cream and brownies, even though they make me sick.)

5. What is your least favorite workout? Not including things you can't do for medical reasons, just stuff you don't like. (Mine would be Burpees)

6. Who is the most supportive person in your life? Who is the least supportive? (My mom and my best friend are most supportive but in different ways - although my mom gives up easy and usually pushes me to do the same. The least supportive would be one of my heavy friends.. I feel she doesn't want me to be healthy and she tries sabotage and tempt me every chance she gets.)

7. What's something you've always wanted to try (workout/healthy living wise) but have not tried yet? (Mine would be yoga!)

Hope that wasn't too much, all! I just want to ensure this group will benefit you in the best way possible!

Happy answering!

- Prescilla :)

Replies

• Aejoso
    Aejoso Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1. What part of your body are you most self conscience over?
    My legs. Before I started losing weight I really hated them....slowly I'm starting to like them.

2. What is your worst non-health promoting habit?
    Staying up really late, not getting enough sleep. I'm such a night owl and this has been really hard for me to fix. I know my body needs the rest.

3. On average, how many calories do you burn a day?
    About 400

4. What non-healthy items do you want to eat when you have a snack attack?
    Any baked good, cookies especially.
    Sometimes I just want to eat a ton of bread or pasta.

5. What is your least favorite workout?
    Using the elliptical. I'm just not motivated while doing it at all.

6. Who is the most supportive person in your life? Who is the least supportive?
    My parents are slowly getting more supportive, they still eat like garbage but they make sure they get what I want from the store as well. I would say the most supportive person is my brother in law, he's trying to get in shape too and sometimes we hit the gym together.
    The least supportive people are some of my friends at school. They always want to go out and get frozen yogurt or taco bell. A lot of them also spend their weekends drinking.

7. What's something you've always wanted to try (workout/healthy living wise) but have not tried yet?
    Boxing! I've really wanted to try it. I have long skinny arms and my ex boyfriend would always tell me that my wrists would break.

-Amanda
  • TinaBina90
    TinaBina90 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    1. I am most self conscience over my stomach and back fat. Thank God for spanx, but I really hope one day not to have to wear them all the time to feel comfortable in my clothes.

2. My worst habit is procrastination. "I will work out later" "I will start tomorrow" UGH. I am also really good at talking myself out of working out and eating healthy. Lately, I have been really training myself to check in with my brain and correct those thoughts. 4 weeks and still going strong!

3. I burn around 400 calories/day (JMichaels videos, running, zumba)

4. Any salty crunchy snack. Popcorn, sour cream and onion chips, pretzels, cheezit

5. I HATE BICYCLE CRUNCHES

6. Most supportive: My mom, aunt, nonna, friends. Least supportive: brother and sister. My brother is very heavy and my sister is very skinny. But have some health issues because of poor diet, not diabetes thank goodness, but high blood pressure, serious stomach issues...

7. I have not tried kale chips. Missed that party train haha.
  • ReadynWillin
    ReadynWillin Posts: 104
    Options
    1. Everything right now, but my stomach the most I guess. I have a loooong way to go.

2. Eating ICE CREAM!

3. For me, calories burned is highly variable. I do all the exercise I can make time for.

4. ICE CREAM!!!

5. I'm not familiar with a lot of workout routines, so I don't really know what my least favorite is. I'm willing to try anything you suggest for challenges.
    So far, I love any cardio exercise (treadmill, stair-stepper, elliptical, walking the dog). But I have found strength training difficult and painful--still I appreciate the pain if it means more muscle mass. ^^

6. I don't really talk to people about my problems much (especially my weight). But I'd say my mom is the most supportive person for anything I try to do.
    Wouldn't call my brother supportive per-say, because he laughs at me when we work out together XD, but it's nice not to go to the gym by myself at least.
    My dad has voiced that he wants me to lose weight. But the best he can do to "support" me is to disparage my healthy-eating choices and to encourage me to eat things neither of us should be eating. (He's overweight, has had a heart attack in the last 6 months, and is diabetic).

7. I'm a wild card. Looking forward to trying anything and everything. Except for maybe Capoeira--those guys are crazy!
  • getsuyoubi
    getsuyoubi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, good idea!
    1. What part of your body are you most self conscience over? (Mine would be my arms. They are not toned and not attractive. I deny the purchase of adorable tops and dresses all because I don't like my arms. They are what I want to work on and see the most progress through.)

I actually was super conscious about my body being large and fatty, so right now, I like my body better, but since there is still enough fat, I want to reduce that. But, if I have to answer then my upper legs, I have the most fat there I think...

By the way, I always thought burning fat locally does not work, but if you wrap the body part to keep it warm and tight while working out, you will increase the blood flow there and enhance the fat burn.
    2. What is your worst non-health promoting habit? (Mine would be not drinking ANY water.)

Eating for any kind of reason (emotional eating) and no matter how full I already am.
    3. On average, how many calories do you burn a day? (For me, around 300.)

mhm, daily life is 100-300 kcal so 200 on average. Without workouts, workouts add 150kcal in average.
    4. What non-healthy items do you want to eat when you have a snack attack? (Mine snack attack craving would be ice cream and brownies, even though they make me sick.)

chocolate! white is my favourite which means less fiber and less nutrients than dark...
    5. What is your least favorite workout? Not including things you can't do for medical reasons, just stuff you don't like. (Mine would be Burpees)

Superman. Especially if it is longer than 30 seconds.
    6. Who is the most supportive person in your life? Who is the least supportive? (My mom and my best friend are most supportive but in different ways - although my mom gives up easy and usually pushes me to do the same. The least supportive would be one of my heavy friends.. I feel she doesn't want me to be healthy and she tries sabotage and tempt me every chance she gets.)

Right now? People here on MFP. My family likes to hear the success, but cannot support it, my greatest supporter was my sister, but she is engaged with her own problems now and I don't have contact. Least supportive? No one because I have ignored people who made mean comments afterwards and my number of friends was very small to begin with. I still have to explain my eating and any other habit at work to people who joined the group recently and don't know the full extent.
    7. What's something you've always wanted to try (workout/healthy living wise) but have not tried yet? (Mine would be yoga!)

Pole dancing. Yoga and kyudo, also.
  • sterphy
    sterphy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    1. What part of your body are you most self conscience over? Definitely my stomach. I have ALWAYS had a big gutt and butt growing up. Butt doesn't bother me as much, but for as long as I can remember I've been crossing my arms and embarrassed about my stomach.

2. What is your worst non-health promoting habit? I tend to binge on carbs or fast food, when I'm bored, or sad, or happy....it has to stop!

3. On average, how many calories do you burn a day? Working out an hour a day, 400-600

4. What non-healthy items do you want to eat when you have a snack attack? Fast food. French fries especially.

5. What is your least favorite workout? Not including things you can't do for medical reasons, just stuff you don't like. I HATE dancing workouts. I find them to be so annoying, I grew up playing sports so I always have preferred more traditional cardio like running biking etc.

6. Who is the most supportive person in your life? Who is the least supportive? My mother, even though we've tried to diet many times and failed she always congratulates me and says she's proud of me. The least supportive? Probably my co-worker, who is always trying to get me to order take out with her.

7. What's something you've always wanted to try (workout/healthy living wise) but have not tried yet? I wish I could go completely vegetarian or even vegan.
  • kellilitza7
    Options

Butt and Thighs. Even when I was just out of boot camp at 145 I still had a bubble but and thighs! You could seriously see my bones from waist up and I exploded from there. Ugh

I struggle with water intake and enough sleep

Probably around 350 if I actually do anything. Otherwise nothing but what I get naturally from living.

I love salt and vinegar chips.

Running. I've always been a bad runner. I just don't breath right I guess.

Most supportive would be all of you and my friends Faith and Debbie. Least supportive would be my husband. I was my current weight when we met so it doesn't bother him. He wants me to be happy of course but doesn't really promote it.

7. What's something you've always wanted to try (workout/healthy living wise) but have not tried yet?

Clean Smoothie Cleanse Diet
  • taraj1987
    taraj1987 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I would say my stomach or thighs.

Eating out or eating too big of portions.

250-300

I usually crave salty things like cheez-its or chips

I don't have a least favorite, but I dislike doing the same thing all the time.

6. What's something you've always wanted to try (workout/healthy living wise) but have not tried yet?

Pilates or HIIT
  • AmeliaJ92
    AmeliaJ92 Posts: 586 Member
    Options

My thighs. I have lost 30 pounds before and my thighs seemed to stay the same size. I can pretty much tone my outer thighs because when I'm at school I take advantage of the CrossRamp at the rec center, but my inner thighs remain the same size. It is really annoying during shorts season especially.

I eat when I'm stressed, when I'm sad, when I'm celebrating, when I'm bored...I just really need to start thinking more before I eat. I have been a little bit better about this lately. I will go to the pantry looking for the chocolate then pause and decide against it and leave.

When I exercise, I burn somewhere between 150 and 300 calories.

Tostitos and chocolate chips. Every time.

I let a friend drag me to a spin class once. WORST CLASS EVER. Five minutes in, I felt like I was going to die and then we started increasing resistance and going faster. I like to have something to distract me from the pain and monotony of workouts which is why I like dance workouts and workouts that let me work at my own pace.

Right now, the most supportive is actually my neighbor and coworker. She invited me to walk with her in the mornings and always listens to me go on and on about calories, exercise, etc. Least supportive is probably one of my best friends. I think all my talk of calories and stuff annoys her when really I'm just thinking out loud and she always wants to go get Chinese food, ice cream, candy, etc.

I kind of want to try kickboxing.
  • antxoable
    antxoable Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    1. My inner thighs and butt, they look great with tight skirts or jeans but i can not wear shorts, they have those kind of sausages as i call then on the intern part and butt is bubbly! at least it perky....lol

2. Not drinking enough water, i have had medical problems fro that and even like that i do not learn....

3. depend of the day i would say 200 everyday plus another 300 three times a week.

4. kit kat, maltessers....

5. Running....completly impossible, i dont like swimming neither or eliptical.....i love zumba, boxfit, spin, circuits.

6. My boyfriend, the rest of the people laugh at me like, u r 5' 9" and 140 pounds, why do you go gym? to tone up and dont put the weight again on!!

7. I think i have tryed mostly everything...from capoeira to acrobats, weight lifting, cardio clases...

Feel free to add me!!
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options

My arms! I wish I could wear tank tops and short sleeve/sleeveless dresses, but I'm just too embarrassed with how my arms look.

Not drinking enough water. I do good sometimes, but I'm not consistent with it.

Around 300 Calories (I exercise 3-4 times per week)

Potato chips or french fries

Workouts requiring me to do push-ups and/or planks. I only do not like these exercises, because they are very difficult for me to do at my current weight and strength level.

Most supportive person would be my boyfriend. I don't really have that many people who I told about what I'm trying to do, so I don't really have anyone in my life that's not supportive.

Only thing I can think of is indoor rock climbing. I would like to try it once I slim down.
  • Hetailin
    Hetailin Posts: 27
    Options
    1. What part of your body are you most self conscience over? My legs because they jiggle lol :p

2. What is your worst non-health promoting habit? Bad sleeping habits, and negative thoughts about what I eat.

3. On average, how many calories do you burn a day? About 150 to 200 calories/day.

4. What non-healthy items do you want to eat when you have a snack attack? Peanuts, chocolate, anything fried.

5. What is your least favorite workout? Burpees & jogging outdoors.

6. Who is the most supportive person in your life? Who is the least supportive? In general, my mom and boyfriend are most supportive. All my other friends just don't care/ are mildly interested.

7. What's something you've always wanted to try (workout/healthy living wise) but have not tried yet? Racquetball.
  • itgonrain
    itgonrain Posts: 6
    Options
    1. What part of your body are you most self conscience over? Definitely my thighs and stomach. Kind of my arms too :/

2. What is your worst non-health promoting habit? I drink VERY little water. I usually go for black tea or diet cokes!

3. On average, how many calories do you burn a day? Probably around 200-300

4. What non-healthy items do you want to eat when you have a snack attack? I seem to constantly crave cupcakes and caramel frappes!

5. What is your least favorite workout? Not including things you can't do for medical reasons, just stuff you don't like. Haha! "Surprisingly" I seem to dislike many kinds of exercises! But I just CANNOT do basic things like push-ups, pull-ups and crunches.

6. Who is the most supportive person in your life? Who is the least supportive? My best friend and my mom are the most supportive :) My best friend is also currently trying to lose weight so we share our diet and exercise experiences! My mom is mainly supportive in overall diet changes like going organic and trying to eat GMO-free. My brother is probably the least supportive because he thinks I've already lost enough weight and I shouldn't lose any more and tries to make me stop dieting and exercising as often as I do.

7. What's something you've always wanted to try (workout/healthy living wise) but have not tried yet? I've always wanted to try yoga and I've just recently decided to try Zumba. Hopefully I'll be able to try both in the near future :)

Feel free to add me!
  • caz1507
    caz1507 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1) all of my body especially my arms back and stomach

2) i can never get my water intake in

3) aroun 300 i think , depends on the day, as im a waitress so some days i burn a lot more

4) french fries,

5) i struggle to do pushups ,,, i refuse to even try anymore because its embarrasing

6) my fiance is the most supportive, and i would say my mother is the least supportive, in her opinion if you dont eat unhealthy food , you may aswell not eat at all .

7) ive always wanted to try insanity but i always feel like im too fat, and i think i will just guve up :(