4th of July

Options
farmwife3815
farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
I'll be honest. I'm a little scared. My family does cookouts for the 4th. I have two planned that will be huge. And who knows how many impromptu ones will just happen. There will be food. Lots and lots of food. I have learned to take things that I am more comfortable eating. I don't care for the potato salad and macaroni salad so that helps but the chips. The chips call to me. And the cookies. They just don't shut up!! So I have my plan in place. I will take foods that I comfortable with. I will stay far far away from the cookies and chips. What will you do to survive the holiday eating? Or is it even an isssue?

Replies

• teresachelton99
    teresachelton99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am going to my daughters house in Ga. for the Fourth. I am taking my protein shakes with me and will try to eat sensibly .I will be praying for God to give us both the strength we need. Ga. has some really good southern food, and my daughter likes to cook and eat out.
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Well, I'm going to be working, so that will pretty much solve my eating issues...lol! But glad to hear you have a plan in place, Becky....we are having our housewarming party Sat. night and I'm not even going to try to log my food for that day....too many tempting options, but I'll try to eat in small portions....but I know it will be the homemade wine that will put me way over! Have a great holiday everyone!!
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy food wise. I have an open house tomorrow. Am supposed to go to a family cook out the 5th, another cookout on the 6th and we will probably get together on the 4th!!! Lord help me! I just completed the grocery list. Lots of fruits and veggies.
  • theparnellslisa
    theparnellslisa Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Sean and I will be working on the 4th but will be leaving by 4:00 so that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to get in trouble. I love potato salad so my plan is to make a lower calorie version and just enough for dinner. We will have burgers on the grill and that will complete our dinner. Happy 4th everyone!!
  • farmwife3815
    Options
    Sean and I will be working on the 4th but will be leaving by 4:00 so that doesn't leave a whole lot of time to get in trouble. I love potato salad so my plan is to make a lower calorie version and just enough for dinner. We will have burgers on the grill and that will complete our dinner. Happy 4th everyone!!

Lisa, have you ever tried turnips? I make a mock potato salad and use turnips instead. I like it. It might be worth a try!