20/75 CHANGES!!!! Group re-organization coming.

Options
krk5235
krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
HI Die Hards!!!, i just checked things out, i can change the title of our group, that is if i can over ride the administrator's (Niomi's) titleing after I click the "submit changes" button. So some time Saturday, I will change the group title to "Die Hards- 1 pound per week & maintaining". That way we do not have to all change groups, we can stay right here and continue, just cuz I love you all too much to lose you!!! I will also click the radio button to make it a public group in case you wish to invite any one else to join us as we have a great core here but as we all know, the more encouragement we have the easier the fat melts!!!! :devil:

I'll also post a new group plan too, So below, post any recommendations that you may have to alter our plan or a better group title. Also I sure would appreciate 2 others to help me moderate (Officially), I know several have been a huge help, thank you.

Some changes I'd like to consider:
-Change the weigh in day, i dont think it should be a weekend day, only cuz i usually fish on weekends and yea that beer is a killer. So i was thinking Friday, beat the weekend day off.
-Makiing our group public.
- Going to a pound per week goal since most of us have lost quite a few pounds to start.
-For those of you who are almost at your goal, (BBB) can do a maintenance weight goal. Having mutiple goals is cool for me, keep the gang together as much as possible.
- add 2 other moderators.

What else??
Thanks!

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That all sounds great. Thanks for coming up with a plan! Also I'm happy to be added as a moderator.
  • crystalball24
    Options
    I love the weigh in day for Friday, that's what I have been basing my weight this whole time! I also like the pound a week cause I still have 10 more to go and it gets harder the closer you get to your goal. Great ideas!
  • cindylu1962
    cindylu1962 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Not knowing that you had plans to continue, I joined the 12 pounds in 12 weeks which starts the day this one ends tomorrow.If we move over to that one we can still be mfp's but not worry about moderator stuff. Someone else is handling it.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Your ideas are really good and I would be glad to be a moderator :D
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wahoo! I'm excited! I am ready for another round. I think "Die Hards- 1 pound per week & maintaining" is a great name. I will be happy to help out with monitoring, if need be. Fridays work best for me for weigh in's because I usually am not by a computer on Sundays and then I forget to write it up on Monday.

Is there anyway that we can delete some of the board messages?

Em
  • babyblackbutterfly
    Options
    I'm in for another round.
    Great name and great plan!
    Can't wait to continue our journey...:love:
    BBB
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I like the name and the plan.

If the 1% response rate rule applies to final group participation (like it does in direct response marketing), it would be beneficial to open the group to new members, for awhile. If this group goes public (for awhile), I also vote for removing previous folders created during 20/75.... except maybe the final weigh in??
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Not sure I can committ to being a moderator but I can start the morning thread if needed.

I am all for opening up the group for new members and then closing it again in about a week. Most groups including ours here has a lot of members but only a few post on a regular basis. Do you want to insist on weigh in posts to continue to stay in the groups past say two weeks? It would make us all more comfortable posting stuff.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Not sure I can committ to being a moderator but I can start the morning thread if needed.

I am all for opening up the group for new members and then closing it again in about a week. Most groups including ours here has a lot of members but only a few post on a regular basis. Do you want to insist on weigh in posts to continue to stay in the groups past say two weeks? It would make us all more comfortable posting stuff.

I like that idea.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm in for July. Just returned from vacay.
  • sgouti1
    sgouti1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm mostly on MFP from my phone these days and it's so tedious to login to get the the teeny-tiny forums via phone. I'll try to make it a point to check in, though. I didn't hit the goal in the 20/75, but the scale is still moving in the right direction, so I couldn't be happier. I appreciate everyone's support and kind words along the way! :)
  • Ammebee
    Ammebee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Loving the name and the changes. I was always basing my weigh in on the Thursday and filling it in on the Sunday so Friday isnt a big switch. The group has been great for motivation. Ill do anything i can do to help!
  • LBinSF
    LBinSF Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Great idea! This group has been a big help in keeping on track (getting BACK ON TRACK!)