I fell in love on Monday Afternoon....

Options
Amandajp79
Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
Baby Rylan Scott here! Thank you Supermoon! I started having very irregular contractions around 4pm while in the movies watching Man of Steel (lol). Got home and just kept an eye on them. Tried walking, too much pain, tried laying too much pain etc etc etc. Just got stronger but not leveled out. Called my doc and the doc on call told me to call back when they were 5mins apart for 1 hour. Ummmm No. I left for the hospital about 10 minutes after talking to him. Arrived at the hospital at 9:45pm at 2cm but contractions 3-4mins apart. They kept me because of the pain and babys heart beat was dipping when I contracted but not bad, just enough to keep an eye on. I FINALLY got my epidural at 1am after being in tears from pain and moved into a delivery room. I was progressing very slowly but I was progressing. 2cm - 3cm - 4cm by about 4am then we all just chilled, tried to sleep. Next check I was at 7cm then progressed the rest every hour. My doctor wanted me to labor down and have the baby do the work so we did. My water had still not broken so hey why not. Finally started pushing around 12:45pm on Monday afternoon. At 2:29pm Rylan Scott Bosley-Smith was brought into this world at 8lbs 8oz and 22inches long! He is beautiful and perfect and all of the immense pain (I felt just about everything, even puked it was so bad) just melted away. My life had been changed forever and I was in heaven. He was immediately put skin to skin and stayed there for my one hour repair. Fourth degree tears. My family was going crazy trying to get in the room but I was so happy to have our bonding time. Daddy had even watched the entire thing which neither of us expected but he just grabbed a leg and got in the action. We were released yesterday and are getting comfortable at home. I am in love and my life will never be the same. I fell in love on Monday afternoon. love

Replies

• Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Awww, I'm so happy for you! A child will change your life forever and brings a whole new level of love, so happy that you are experiencing this!
  • midcoast_mommy
    midcoast_mommy Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Lovely birth story. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations!!!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Congrats! So glad everything turned out well. Thank you for sharing!!!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a lovely name, glad you have a new love :)
  • ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Beautiful story, congratulations!
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Beautiful birth story! I hope you heal up well and that you settle into a happy routine with your new bundle of joy :)
  • Kina7
    Kina7 Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations! I am so happy for you!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Awe congrats on you new little boy. I fell in love for the first time just seeing the ultrasound I cant imagine actually getting to hold the child.
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Happy for you! Hope the first week has gone well and hope the healing process goes well!